Salmon Fishing Toba Inlet

Sir Reel

We are currently up at Toba Wilderness Marina and wondering about salmon fishing. Not much local intel so wonder if anyone on the forum has any information.
Ling fishing is excellent here. Got 2 big lings almost immediately yesterday just off Double Island.
Any info is appreciated.
cheers!

I bet if you book out Calm Channel, north and south of Raza Island you're going to get into migratory springs. I know they're getting into them a bit more north around Denham Bay right now and with the Sonora boats tide up for the season, it could be really awesome out there.

Agree with @ab1752 that you'd want to at least make it to Calm Channel and probably further north if you are looking for salmon. Beautiful run up to Denham Bay / Hall Point area if you have time (Calm Channel is about half way for Toba Wilderness), and if you go a bit further Shoal Bay is a great place to stop. Not sure if they are serving draft beer this year, but regardless, there are worse ways to kill a few hours than sitting on the deck there overlooking Frederick Arm.

Dent is open for sure...if you're up that way head into Frederick Arm, scrape the wall to starboard as you enter the bay...follow it along about half way in and make the outside return, ideally on the flood tide. From Calm Channel you're only about a 30 minute cruise or so. Just be aware of the epic rapids you have to traverse heading in. Big tides this week too...by the way, and I may be mistaken, but I think Toba is an early season fishery, as in up to the end of June or so.

Last edited:
Toba is usually best at the end of April into May, but you can still get them through out the year. One of my all time best days of fishing we were trolling past the dock at Toba Wildrness and could not keep them off. It shallows up on the east side, and trolling west all along the shore to the point and a pinnacle out there and back. I’d give it a try.

Attachments

• 89EE8F7C-8C26-44EB-983A-19788371DEAD.jpeg
    89EE8F7C-8C26-44EB-983A-19788371DEAD.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 86
Got out fishing yesterday afternoon. 3 or 4 other boats out. Tried a few locations. Lots of bait and arches but all we got were dog fish!
Actually jigged right off the wharf. The outer finger is over 100' deep. Got 2 dog fish off the wharf as well.
Oh well. Heading back towards Vancouver today. Might plan a trip up here earlier next year. Just beautiful country.
IMG_1207 (Large).JPG IMG_1258 (Large).JPG IMG_1234 (Large).JPG IMG_1260 (Large).JPG

Head north around west redonda 20 min and come down Lewis channel between Cortes and west redonda when you see the bottom structure come up to 200 ft in the middle of the channel Drop your gear down to the bottom there should something there. Also try Sara point heading south from there.
Good luck

Back