Rusty Disc Brake Roters

Red Monster

With disc brakes, does anyone clean up the rusty rotors at the start of the season? If so, what's the best way?
Thanks.

If you have things apart to grease the slider pins etc, I always give the rotors a scotchbrite treatment. Not needed, but makes me and the trailer feel better :) Something I have been doing for years now is after washing off the trailer (after a dunk in the chuck) is liberally spraying the whole brake /wheel assembly with Fluid Film. It doesn’t seem to cause any issues with the pads and seems to keep everything corrosion free... just my 2 cents. Napa has Fluid Film on special from time to time and I buy a case when on sale.

Last edited:
If you have things apart to grease the slider pins etc, I always give the rotors a scotchbrite treatment. Not needed, but makes me and the trailer feel better :) Something I have been doing for years now is after washing off the trailer (after a dunk in the chuck) is liberally spraying the whole brake /wheel assembly with Fluid Film. It doesn’t seem to cause any issues with the pads and seems to keep everything corrosion free... just my 2 cents. Napa has Fluid Film on special from time to time and I buy a case when on sale.
Isn’t fluid film a lubricant??

Okay, I won't sweat the rust.
Bled the brakes to replace the old fluid.
Thanks

Back