Repower Project

nedarb2

A few weeks ago I picked up a pair of 2008 Etecs to replace our original 1989 Yamahas, and these past couple days I have begun the repower project.
removing the old yamahas was a more of a time consuming part than i thought it would be, taking a good afternoon of work to just get the controls cables and wiring out,
Once unrigged, it took minutes to get the engines acutally off though, and tomorrow the etecs should be hanging.
This next week i plan to rig everything up, and have her ready to be inspected by a tech to make sure everything is good to go.

The most difficult part so far was getting the hydrailuc steering off the yamahas, which was seized onto the engine bolts and took nearly 3.5 hours to remove.

Please excuse the dirt, its actually dust from lack of use [:eek:)]

img3795w.jpg

img3797cd.jpg

img3798.jpg

img3799x.jpg

img3800lw.jpg

img3805i.jpg

img3806g.jpg

sweet Job Bro. I was hoping you would keep everyone updated. I hope to see this beast on the water new year.

merry Christmas and keep the updates coming.

striper1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

what I would give for a shop a fraction of that size.. Is it yours?

Dads work warehouse lol

Too busy to get the engines on today, should be on for noon tomorrow :)
Then the fun rigging begins

And there on!
Everything went as planned, and was even a little easier than i expected :D

img3817t.jpg

img3818.jpg

img3820r.jpg

img3821x.jpg

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Braden are you doing this yourself? Looks sweet

yea haha, had my dad help me with the forklift getting the engines on and off though lol..
well have to get out once everything is ready ;)

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Ya for sure. Where did you get the know how? I wouldnt trust myself to properly hang 15 grand off my boat!!

Uninstalling the yamahas was most of my knowledge lol... theres not really much to it atall, it just takes a long time with lots of little things to take care of that pop up as you go.
We have to have the dealer inspect our install before using the boat to approve warranty, so i guess they will be the judges on how well i really did!

15 grand try 40 grand there is 2 motors there and if you pay yourself well then it has to be way over 50 or 60 as heck your worth it!!!
LOL LOL

Looks great you might want to check engine height looks like it could come up a couple holes.

quote:Originally posted by bananas

Looks great you might want to check engine height looks like it could come up a couple holes.

There at the exact same height as the yamahas which were spot on, so well see how it runs once shes in the water.
If we come up atall well have to take those spray plates off the pod aswell.

Just a question-spray plates on the pod- I assume they were an add-on to stop spray getting up on the main engines or were they there for some other purpose much like a "dolphin" added to the leg of a large outboard? I have a podded Orca and coming home with heavy weights(traps,fish)I get a lot of spray coming up between the kicker(up)and the main Outboard. Some of this finds its way inside the main engine cowling etc . would these plates put the spray farther aft?

quote:Originally posted by spring fever

Just a question-spray plates on the pod- I assume they were an add-on to stop spray getting up on the main engines or were they there for some other purpose much like a "dolphin" added to the leg of a large outboard? I have a podded Orca and coming home with heavy weights(traps,fish)I get a lot of spray coming up between the kicker(up)and the main Outboard. Some of this finds its way inside the main engine cowling etc . would these plates put the spray farther aft?

These were added to the pod from the factory, but yes they are to stop spray from coming up on the engines, they have no performance role.

quote:Originally posted by cedarman

Any updates?????

striper1.jpg

started rigging the cables today.. found out they forgot the ignition cable in our package the the dealer is closed till monday, but hopefully by end of tomorrow everything will be done and in place minus the ignition (and steering needs to be assembled with new parts i am yet to get). Ill take some pictures tomorrow with the update :)

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/1531422275.html

Grady White (89/08) (Duncan)

Date: 2009-12-30, 8:43PM PST

1989 Grady Sailfish, 25' Plus pod and pulpit
9'6'' Beam !!!!!!!!!!!
New stringers, aluminum fuel tanks, wiring
Twin 200 2008 Etec's, 90 hours!!! (MORE fuel efficient than comparable 4-strokes)
Radar, chartplotter, icom radio
Very nice condition
never been chartered
never been to the west coast of v. island
never been stored outside! always in dry, heated storage

warranty till 2013 on engines
electronic gauges
BRAND NEW I-Beam trailer

serious inquiries only please pictures of boat available on request, if your serious you know what these boats, work, and options are worth and price can be discussed afterwards.
Available End of January.
(

quote:Originally posted by Whaler

Grady White (89/08) (Duncan)

Date: 2009-12-30, 8:43PM PST

1989 Grady Sailfish, 25' Plus pod and pulpit
9'6'' Beam !!!!!!!!!!!
New stringers, aluminum fuel tanks, wiring
Twin 200 2008 Etec's, 90 hours!!! (MORE fuel efficient than comparable 4-strokes)
Radar, chartplotter, icom radio
Very nice condition
never been chartered
never been to the west coast of v. island
never been stored outside! always in dry, heated storage

warranty till 2013 on engines
electronic gauges
BRAND NEW I-Beam trailer

serious inquiries only please pictures of boat available on request, if your serious you know what these boats, work, and options are worth and price can be discussed afterwards.
Available End of January.
(

yes...

Back