Regulations shorten the fisherman’s lifespan

habberdasher

we all know that God does not deduct the days spent fishing from a persons life-:)
I hope everyone one is using the time to good use! my garden and home are looking better but my boat and gear are a mess best wishes (I would normally say tight lines) to all in these difficult times. I sure noticed a lot of rigs heading up island to the open areas.

I'm with you on this,I've found the time to fix things that I have avoided for years.When fishing is your only hobby (Passion) filling the time not spent on the boat gets hard.

Last edited:
Yup very troubling times indeed. Owned boats since 16 yrs old . never been with out. Rounding 60 now. Put thousands upon thousands into this economy via gear repairs to many to list upgrades etc etc. Volunteered hundreds and hundreds of hours fish habitat and hatcheries spent tons on fundraisers and fundraising. Devoted Avid Angler program to be **** on like this.
Way too much money sitting in the shop and garage while not used.......sold the entire shabang to a fresh water family. To hell with DFO and its political decisions caving to every call of the FN crap. Done contributing to Gov bs like this.

From our family alone were estimating the money were not putting into to the local economy alone at 8 to 10,000 bucks annually with fishing holidays cancelled upkeep and repaired. As said.
TO HELL WITH THIS GOVERNMENT and DFO
Done!

Here is my take on DFO, its SRKW and chinook rules, and what should be done, and DFO's weird restoration criteria. The BC govt is now a useful ally: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.com/2019/05/dfo-srkws-and-funding-yet-again-yes-yet.html.

Good points in there but they are not pumping out hatchery fish in other areas because of their WSP. There is virtually no natural chinook spawning in the chilliwack river. Meaning chinook pumped out it really don't interfere with wild salmon. Not to mention over the last 45 years they have used released chilliwack chinook smolts into just about every single lower fraser river tributary.

I suspect if they upped the hatchery production in the cowichan many on here would be up in arms freaking out. As many on here have pointed out that it was the reduction in hatchery production as one of the factors in the cowichan recovering.

The long wished for WSP is the death nail in anyone hoping for hatchery production under the liberal goverment.

Wow.
The entire thing rings of being corupt from top to bottom.
How is it we as residents and our courts cant hold DFO and government accoutable.
Its very obvious......I would assume its all the Drive The Fish Farm market, as it has become a HUGE GDP export, in the mean time turning away from wild stocks and a rebuild.
Shame on all those involved in this Scam.

There has always been a suspicion that for the last three decades all federal governments would like nothing better than to see all salmon stocks above Lytton be exterminated so the huge hydro-electric potential of the Fraser can be harnessed. Well,with DFO's continuous mismanagement we appear to be well on our way. All the upriver stocks of Chinook and Sockeye have been sliding the last three cycles and I'm sure Suzuki and his Merry Band can be bought for a price. They will compensate the FN when the dam is built and then the fish farms can take up the slack and everyone will be happy....

There has always been a suspicion that for the last three decades all federal governments would like nothing better than to see all salmon stocks above Lytton be exterminated so the huge hydro-electric potential of the Fraser can be harnessed. Well,with DFO's continuous mismanagement we appear to be well on our way. All the upriver stocks of Chinook and Sockeye have been sliding the last three cycles and I'm sure Suzuki and his Merry Band can be bought for a price. They will compensate the FN when the dam is built and then the fish farms can take up the slack and everyone will be happy....
Man! That is F'ed up.

Back