Re: Saanich Inlet

otter

O.K. I have Read both DC Reids newspaper columns re the Inlet. Once again is it worthwhile or do I have to find out myself. I hate wild goose chases and boat rides.

B Gibb

I dont read his column at all so i dont know what he has said but i have fished out there many times and have got good numbers of fish in certain spots,whiskey point can be good if there is a westerly because it is completly protected but it can be tricky to fish the depth changes very fast one minite your at 120 then you move over 30 ft your at 50 there is quite a ledge there.Pat bay up to wain rock can be good also. I try to fish about 10 to 30 ft up from the bottom staying in the 120 to 160 range.
If your going e-mail me.
Good luck Wolf

I dont read his column at all so i dont know what he has said but i have fished out there many times and have got good numbers of fish in certain spots,whiskey point can be good if there is a westerly because it is completly protected but it can be tricky to fish the depth changes very fast one minite your at 120 then you move over 30 ft your at 50 there is quite a ledge there.Pat bay up to wain rock can be good also. I try to fish about 10 to 30 ft up from the bottom staying in the 120 to 160 range.
If your going e-mail me.
Good luck Wolf

Yeah there lots around, out on Wed at the Bluffs, had to take the Coyote off, too many pan sizers. And you dont know there on.

B Gibb

Yeah there lots around, out on Wed at the Bluffs, had to take the Coyote off, too many pan sizers. And you dont know there on.

B Gibb

Back