RANT! Generally annoying behaviour...

wishiniwasfishin1

I didn't see a thread catering solely to rants and pet peeves so I thought I would kick it off. Consider this a place to vent your frustrations and maybe save yourself a few broken miscellaneous items due to breakage resulting from the dumb things people do that **** you off.

I'll start by saying I live in a high density neighbourhood (Kits) in Vancouver. Parking is at a premium there. I am so frustrated by the people who think the correct way to parallel park is to space their car directly in between the to two cars that are in front / back of them. So many times I see a half a car length between cars...where if people parked properly (pull up to car in front or back to car behind) there would be room for 2-3 more cars on a given block.

I lived in the Bay Area for years and it was not uncommon for parking morons like this to find their cars keyed....thats one way to get the message accross I guess. Not advocating this...but some people are so f'n daft its mind boggling.

Wishiniwasfishin.....I live on Kits Point.

I have put out signs saying "respect others want to park here". We have Lulu HQ up the street and their employees park all the time in 2 HR all day. I call the City all the time and have them ticketed all the time. We also get downtown commuters who park in the hood and walk to Cornwall for the bus to save paying to park downtown.

I have become the neighbourhood parking "jihadist". :D Always in touch with Lulu and they tell them their employees are fawking up being the good 'corporate neighbour'.

I love living down here, but the parking crap and lack of consideration down here drives me nuts.

Don't even get me started on Gregor and his bike lanes. :mad:

I live in the Comox Valley. Our volunteer group clipped the first 6000 of our hatchery coho this morning - only 65000 to go. Christmas is coming. Life is good. I have nothing to complain about and anyway, life is too short to ***** about stuff.
Think I'll leave this thread to the "glass half empty crowd".

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Ya.....on Cypress we get the lousy dog owners who don't clean up their dogs sheeot while en route to the Dog Beach by the Maritime Museum.

I watched a chick while in my office on a conf call fake it picking up her dogs turd in front of my house. This was one of a series of signs I put up aside from the one calling her out individually.

I live in the Comox Valley. Our volunteer group clipped the first 6000 of our hatchery coho this morning - only 65000 to go. Christmas is coming. Life is good. I have nothing to complain about and anyway, life is too short to ***** about stuff.

Nice work!!

Livng here.....one tries to just wash it off one's back but you hit a breaking point with the dolts on this side of the "Salish Sea". ;) CRAP....there is another rant!!!! :p

Jeebus... You have clipable coho already? Clipping one years?

Oh Ya.....on Cypress we get the lousy dog owners who don't clean up their dogs sheeot while en route to the Dog Beach by the Maritime Museum.

I watched a chick while in my office on a conf call fake it picking up her dogs turd in front of my house. This was one of a series of signs I put up aside from the one calling her out individually.

If you pour bacon grease on dog poop it will magically vanish. Its a far better tactic if you have a isolated culprit where you can inform the owner of their dogs bad eating habbits in your yard.

If you pour bacon grease on dog poop it will magically vanish. Its a far better tactic if you have a isolated culprit where you can inform the owner of their dogs bad eating habbits in your yard.

Hahaha.....that is awesome!!!

That's not fair to the dog.....That's cruel. It's not the dog fault it's the owner

Whats medically worse for a dog to eat, its own poop or bacon grease? The bacon grease is worse. I would say that thinking this was cruel is attaching human emotions and thoughts to a dog. You may think its cruel but the dog eagerly gobbles it up! This is why I say it is ideal to tell the owner about the "new reality of the situation" and then the owner of the dog can monitor the situation closely and they usually do.
Its hardly worth discussing really but maybe a creative sign mentioning the bacon grease situation would be effective.

Malls etc that meet their parking spot quota by putting in a bazillion compact car spots and very few for anything truck sized. Worse are the clods who park in handicap spots. Screw fining them, they should be wheel chair bound for a week. Sensitivity training.

Dog owners who bag their pets' product and then fling it into the bushes where it inevitably gets hung up on a branch. Decoration ?

That's not fair to the dog.....That's cruel. It's not the dog fault it's the owner

ya that's really f*cked up behavior. For one it's unlikely that the original offending dog is going to eat the poop, it's going to be some other dog who could very well have a well behaved owner. For two what is the end result you're looking for? Some sick satisfaction watching a dog eat poop? It's not like some owner is going to go "Oh, I should pick up my dogs poop because we might walk by here tomorrow and he might eat it".

You're a dick

Why not try putting out bags along with a sign stating "you are under video surveillance please clean up after your pet".

Not my dog....not my job. ;) They should know and have known when they got their dog. I can't tell you how many bags of dog crap I also find up and down the street. They bag it and then may leave it on the front walk or right at the sidewalk.

The "video surveillance" would likely work about as well as putting out a rake with a sign saying "please rake up my leaves".

ya that's really f*cked up behavior. For one it's unlikely that the original offending dog is going to eat the poop, it's going to be some other dog who could very well have a well behaved owner. For two what is the end result you're looking for? Some sick satisfaction watching a dog eat poop? It's not like some owner is going to go "Oh, I should pick up my dogs poop because we might walk by here tomorrow and he might eat it".

You're a dick

Its a far better tactic if you have a isolated culprit

The above is key.

I agree believe it or not. I have not ever actually done it but I have mentioned the idea to neighbours and it gets their attention. I have a dog too. Who doesn't like dog kisses.

Either way,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edmqTODMZC4

Not my dog....not my job. ;) They should know and have known when they got their dog. I can't tell you how many bags of dog crap I also find up and down the street. They bag it and then may leave it on the front walk or right at the sidewalk.

The "video surveillance" would likely work about as well as putting out a rake with a sign saying "please rake up my leaves".
as much as I feel like we are 200 k outside of Canada, when reading what going on down in the city I don't mind so much.

Back