Port Boathouse Alberni

Papacorn

Getting close to closing on a boat. Any comments re: the dealer...service, support etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.

buddy of mine bought a new Campion 600Chase a couple yrs ago from them, he said their support was good,no problems,and would buy from them again....

The Port Boat House is excellent to deal with.

We purchased our Orca from the PHB in 2007 and for the first two years they repair anything that went wrong no questions asked. The warranty with the boat dealer was only for one year and they serviced the boat for two years at no cost. Although not many things went wrong.

In the first year of operations we ran a Lowrance system and had nothing but problems with it, I complained to the PBH and they dealt with Lowrance. After a few weeks they removed my existing Lowrance system and replaced it with a North Star system at no cost. I know the re and re was worth $1,200 and I paid $00.

Since our boat warranty ran out I still pull the boat to the PBH to provide servicing although I live in Victoria. I've shopped around for pricing and they still are cheaper than most in the Vic area and I know towing it to PA probably makes the service cost more but the PBH have never hit me up with any hidden costs when you come to pay the invoice.

In 2010 the pinion gear went in the Yamaha 250 hp with 505 hours on it. The PBH (Yamaha) covered the replacement of the entire leg no questions asked.

I then decided to sell the 250 hp for $11,300 on the form with no luck.

I then wrote up a specification for what I required (300 hp & 9.9 hp) to replace the engines and shopped around to see who would give me the best written quoted price on a purchase and installation, with and without a trade in.

The PBH beat out everyone quoted price and the closes in price to them was + $3K. I pulled the boat to PBH and did the engine changes and the price quoted was the price I paid. There was no hidden costs.

Shop around and then give them a call, you never know if the drive to Port Albeni will be worth the savings. It only costs a phone call, fax or an email to find out.

Cheers All,

I was teaching high school in Port Alberni in 2005 and bought a 90 hp and 8 hp HT Yamaha from Bob Cole and the PBH crew. One of the conditions I made with them was that I was chartering in the summer and these motors had to run and I could not wait if they needed repairs. My 8 hp would not run...it kept changing rpm when I turned. I took it back
to PBH in June and Bob Cole told me to bring it back in September. I walked out, took it to another service centre and have not been back since. I can say that Mike treated me fairly and things may have changed since then.

when i repowered my Grady 3 years ago i shopped around and they had the best prices, even took my old yami 2 strokes in trade and got me 6 grand out of them, service was great and on time for once. bought a atv from them last year and they had the best price again. Mike delivered the atv to my shop in Richmond n/c.

Bought my wifes ATV from them. They had what I wanted in a crate and I cut the deal over the phone.$1700.00 less than the best I could do in Nanaimo. Same old story. The local dealer hit me with the old "well if you want to drive all the way to Port Alberni to buy a machine" line. Turned out that it cost me about 3 hours of my time and $36.00 in gasoline. Not a bad tradeoff to save $1700.00 dollars. Made the deal on a Monday and was promised that it would be ready for pickup (winch installed,inspections etc.) on Friday. Something came up on my end and Friday wasn't going to work so I called them on Tuesday, explained my problem and it was ready for pickup on Thursday. I would definitely consider taking my business to them again.
Dave

I bought my 9.9HT Yamaha kicker from them last year. Phoned around to just about all the Yamaha dealers and found PBH killed everybody on price. In fact the deal was supposed to be for a 8hpHT but turned out that motor was in Ucluelet the day I headed over from Burnaby to pick it up. Turned out they had a 9.9 on hand at the shop and they gave that to me for the same price. Nice guy to deal with. I would defineately deal with them again.

Back