Shane Fossett

I've just swapped out the old optimax for a Suzuki DF140, Currently I have a 19p prop installed on it, but figure I should have a 21p prop. I would love to go with a stainless, but at this time that is cost prohibitive for me. In my shopping and searching online I have come the Piranha Composite propellers with interchangeable blades. i like the idea of replacing blades for the same price, or less, than the last time I had my aluminum prop repaired. Not only the price, but if i have spare blades on hand, I can do it myself, quickly in at the dock or on the trailer, rather than be out of service for a week.
I'm having trouble finding any independent sources of information regarding these props a,d was hoping someone here has used one, or knows someone that uses one. I'm looking to hear about the good the bad and the ugly truth about these things before i spend the money on one.

I have used the Piranha props in the past. I had one for a Suzuki 75 it was awesome. I used it when ever I was going into water I didn’t know. Came in handy more than a few times in under 5 minutes you are running on a full prop again.

Back