New Study Finds a Modest Carbon Tax Would Hurt All Humanity for Two Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Liberals decided that this election would be fought on the Environment. Climate Change, Orca, Chinooks, and Reconciliation. They knew the Conservatives couldn’t stand toe to toe with them on any of these issues. The carbon tax is a nothing burger. If Doug Ford and Andrew Scheer are hanging their Political futures on revoking the carbon tax and that’s it, that’s their fight for the Planet, they’ve already lost. The Liberals picked this fight because they knew it’s a winner for them. Much of the bs we’re going through now is all about winning in 2019. We would have seen Scenario B implemented this spring had they not screwed up on the pipeline issue. It forced them to do more to save the environmental vote from racing to the Greens and NDP, putting Scheer in the PMO. I believe when the dust settles and the Liberals have dispatched with the election, we’re back to Scenario B next April 1st, barring some unforeseen catastrophe! Don’t underestimate the power of an election and what the party in power will do to hang on to that Power. I bitched like all you folks, but I looked at this through a political lense, I think things will normalize next year. Hell if the polls are strong liberal this summer, we’re likely to see some easing in restrictions. I have my fingers crossed anyway. We need to stay organized and vigilant but I think we’ll come out the other side ok

The Liberals decided that this election would be fought on the Environment. Climate Change, Orca, Chinooks, and Reconciliation. They knew the Conservatives couldn’t stand toe to toe with them on any of these issues. The carbon tax is a nothing burger. If Doug Ford and Andrew Scheer are hanging their Political futures on revoking the carbon tax and that’s it, that’s their fight for the Planet, they’ve already lost. The Liberals picked this fight because they knew it’s a winner for them. Much of the bs we’re going through now is all about winning in 2019. We would have seen Scenario B implemented this spring had they not screwed up on the pipeline issue. It forced them to do more to save the environmental vote from racing to the Greens and NDP, putting Scheer in the PMO. I believe when the dust settles and the Liberals have dispatched with the election, we’re back to Scenario B next April 1st, barring some unforeseen catastrophe! Don’t underestimate the power of an election and what the party in power will do to hang on to that Power. I bitched like all you folks, but I looked at this through a political lense, I think things will normalize next year. Hell if the polls are strong liberal this summer, we’re likely to see some easing in restrictions. I have my fingers crossed anyway. We need to stay organized and vigilant but I think we’ll come out the other side ok

That’s exactly what they thought in Australia and lost.

I am sorry but this is the most bizarre post I have ever read. They bring in all these changes and it helps get them reelected, and then you think they will scrap or partially scrap the very thing that according to you helped get them reelected. I think you have been smoking far too much of Justin's weed.
If these guys get reelected this will just be a jumping off platform for more closures, more restrictions, more reconciliation and more save the whales.
Unfortunately it doesn't appear to me that for people trying to vote for fish and fishing that there is any party to vote for at this time.
I have an old buddy and his saying re elections is "vote for the guy that you think will hurt you the least". This may never be more true than for the upcoming election. At this point I have no idea who will hurt me the least.

Was watching a show today where activists said the planet won’t be able to sustain life if we don’t do something about climate change.

Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back