Marine mechanic in Kelowna

staying alive

looking for a marine mechanic (merc) for my son in Kelowna , bought his first boat, now he get to see what it takes to keep a boat running ha-ha
I use Haney Marine on the coast and am used to someone being honest with me
Anyone have any recommendations

Thanks
Staying Alive

looking for a marine mechanic (merc) for my son in Kelowna , bought his first boat, now he get to see what it takes to keep a boat running ha-ha
I use Haney Marine on the coast and am used to someone being honest with me
Anyone have any recommendations

Thanks
Staying Alive

Not sure if it’s much help but there’s a guy in Vernon that is Merc certified. Performance Marine I believe? On 48th on way up to Silverstar.

Would love to find a Yamaha shop in Vernon....I end up going to Kelowna.

He,s got a bit of water in the oil , maybe head gasket or intake manifold ?
I went up there to fire it up and it appears it’s not getting fuel, almost like vapour lock , poured some fuel in the carb and it fired but won’t keep going
He had a guy winterized it and he told him it ran out of gas just as he was finishing , no it’s full
Vapour lock , clogged pickup tube or fuel pump is my guess
How hard is it to do a head gasket , there’s lots of access in the doghouse , or how do you tell if it’s the head gasket or the manifold?..
Any ideas would help
I might have to go get it and bring it home and tinker

He,s got a bit of water in the oil , maybe head gasket or intake manifold ?
I went up there to fire it up and it appears it’s not getting fuel, almost like vapour lock , poured some fuel in the carb and it fired but won’t keep going
He had a guy winterized it and he told him it ran out of gas just as he was finishing , no it’s full
Vapour lock , clogged pickup tube or fuel pump is my guess
How hard is it to do a head gasket , there’s lots of access in the doghouse , or how do you tell if it’s the head gasket or the manifold?..
Any ideas would help
I might have to go get it and bring it home and tinker

What year and size? I may have some spares of things if its an older model merc.

Back