Lowrance HDS 8 Gen 2

sir-vivor

Today I go into my chart menus to look at Steveston tides and it shows me a tide dated 2000 ?? There is no where to advance the year to 2019 but why is it now showing 2000 . What's up ?. I have never updated my lowrance , should I be ? Will that take care of this issue ??

That’s a Y2K issue! ;)
I would download and install the latest firmware update. Will most likely take care of that issue.

Today I go into my chart menus to look at Steveston tides and it shows me a tide dated 2000 ?? There is no where to advance the year to 2019 but why is it now showing 2000 . What's up ?. I have never updated my lowrance , should I be ? Will that take care of this issue ??

There was some talk of this for certain Lawrence models - talking about certain GPS chipsets used in certain Lawrence units not being able to handle a rollover in their date placeholder. It looks like they have resolved it, and issue this update with the status and the software update required to handle it;

Here's the info from Lowrance;

https://www.lowrance.com/news-videos/gps-week-rollover/

Told by Harbour Chandler that the CHART option , TIDES for a specific area does not work any longer on the Lowrance 8 Gen 2, ever since the update. When you click on it , it will just reboot your unit. ....It does it on mine as well. One way is to just go to the Map and locate the icon for tides and use that ....was also told should not always rely on it as they have been known to be wrong , always carry paper tide reference.

I had the same issue with mine recently. I had to do an update which I downloaded off the Lowrance USA site and it rectified the issue.

I had the same issue with mine recently. I had to do an update which I downloaded off the Lowrance USA site and it rectified the issue.
Maybe they corrected it because it wasn't updating earlier and even Chandler said it's not updating. Good to know and thanks for heads up, I gotta do the update again and see if it fixes mine too. Tks

Back