lowrance chip for HDS 12 gen 2 questions

barkerfam

Hey folks,

New to me boat with a gen 2 HDS 12 and HDS 7. Canadian boat that has now moved to Everett. Just took it out on its maiden voyage and realized that there is no local map info. Just the big blocky stuff. Old boat had Garmin so can't transfer chip.

Navionics makes a "+" and a "platinum +" version. Have read their site. Any real world advice if the platinum is worth the $? I have a radar (don't know how to use yet) and a b66 thru hull.

Thanks!

hb

Most people don't find the Platinum worth the extra money,the Nav+ is fine unless you want satellite imaging and a few other things most people don't use.Just IMO.Glad to hear you finally got your Pursuit. Any border trouble?

Just make sure there isn’t a memory card in the unit and that your chart selection is set to memory card instead of the internal preloaded base map. Previous owner may have done a factory reset and it went back to internal base maps.
Its also possible the Canadian owner just had Canadian maps north of you and now that you are in US there is no data.
You could test that by scrolling up to Vancouver or something to see if any detail.

thank you.

Will check @Sir Reel. Good suggestions.

@Rayvon thanks for the info. I hired a broker and canuck towing. It got here, but was a bit of a pain.

Now to learn how to use the lowrance - AND the pursuit. I have not mastered tre dual engines yet!!!:rolleyes:

hb

thank you.

Will check @Sir Reel. Good suggestions.

@Rayvon thanks for the info. I hired a broker and canuck towing. It got here, but was a bit of a pain.

Now to learn how to use the lowrance - AND the pursuit. I have not mastered tre dual engines yet!!!:rolleyes:

hb
I'm sure you will get used to it soon,your Pursuit would be my dream boat,wanted one for years.

Hey folks,

New to me boat with a gen 2 HDS 12 and HDS 7. Canadian boat that has now moved to Everett. Just took it out on its maiden voyage and realized that there is no local map info. Just the big blocky stuff. Old boat had Garmin so can't transfer chip.

Navionics makes a "+" and a "platinum +" version. Have read their site. Any real world advice if the platinum is worth the $? I have a radar (don't know how to use yet) and a b66 thru hull.

Thanks!

hb
You probably have to tell the unit where you are. I always have to go through the process to remember how to do it, but I think it's hit the menu button, there are two menu pages, I think map data is on the first one. select map data and go to the Navionics map choice field and select it. You should get several choices, with any luck your area will be one.
I have to re set my map for almost every area I fish. Just leaving it on Lowrance doesn't seem to work for me.

Back