Looking for fishing recommendations in lower mainland

riskyrain

My girlfriend and I are looking to get into fishing and are trying to do all our research before our first trip. Does anyone have recommendations for places to fish (close to Vancouver) in mid to late November? Ideally we'd like to start small and fish from shore. I've read that chinook fishing might be good this time of year, but we're open to anything as long as there's a chance we don't leave empty-handed.

Thanks!

Hi RR,

Welcome to fishing and this forum.

It’s more of a transitional time for salmon right now. Many fish are moving their way up river systems now and the feeder springs (winter springs) come in better numbers in a.m month or two. They usually run near the bottom in a bit deeper water so fishing from shore might not be too effective there either.

To start, trout fishing in a lake might be your best bet. It was my way of getting back into fishing a few years ago and it’s fun and peaceful. I used powerbait with an egg weight off the bottoms and a 5’ leader. Ive caught up to 21 in a day. They are actively feeding until it gets to freezing.

Check out the beach journal thread on the reports section for some great suggestions on fishing for salmon from shore.

Whatever you do, enjoy it and post reports.

Good luck!

Hi Stizzla,

Thanks for the reply! Looks like we'll be lake fishing instead then.

Do you (or anyone else) have any good suggestions for lakes around the lower mainland? Just going by the GoFishBC map, Sasamat lake is looking like a good option.

I'll remember to post a report when we go. Thanks again.

Back