Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

Northislander.....we were one of the boats that went past you this morning. Fished Kitty for a few hours and managed to pick up 2 that were barely legal just as the wind started to pick up. We should have pulled the pin at that point, but decided to drop the gear again. Mistake......the run home wasn't fun. Both fish were right on the bottom. Purple haze flasher with copcar spoon, and the other was green flasher with green/white coyote.

I knew that wind was going to hit and my 3 little deck hands dont do so well in bad weather. Was pretty steady where i was with 5 just undersize to the boat and the 1 teener in the 3 hours that we fished. Big bait in the belly of the keeper.Picked up 4 crab also so it was a pretty good outing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I fished Kitty Coleman for the first time today as my wife and I have recently moved to cumberland. We got 2 springs around 7-8 pounds one on a green glow coyote the other on a small tomic plug. It was sure a nice afternoon on the water.

Early morning launch in Comox and a quick run around towards Kitty. We dropped lines in front of Bates Beach and within 10 minutes had a 12lb'er in the boat. Rest of the morning we had a few feeders and our fair share of cod. Wind came up and our ride home was slow. Ramp sucked at low tide as usual.

Here right now.... Nothing but small undersized springs. 6 undersized in 5 hours. Guess I'll be having pizza for dinner tonight.

Here right now.... Nothing but small undersized springs. 6 undersized in 5 hours. Guess I'll be having pizza for dinner tonight.

Passed you on 17th this am and looked around to see trees blowing around pretty good..was wondering if you were even able to get out...boat looks good by the way

Finally got on the water today. It was kind of choppy this morning so I fished off of the Cape Lazo marker bouy. Started great with a nice 12 lb spring but the fishing quickly came to a grinding halt. Only managed one small spring after that. Lots of sea weed to contend with today. Hope it settles down soon. More boats were heading out as I was coming in.

Hope everyone had a great long weekend and caught some fish.

I also made my first trip out this year, we got 2 outside of the Cardinal buoys off Lazo as well. We were about 150' down in 200' of water. Both of them came to a white glow hootchie. Beautiful day, little wind, sun, and lots of sea weed to clear off the gear.

i was out from 3-730ish at kitty. there must have been a bite around 4. there were a lot of oversized nets picking up what I'm guessing barley legal fish. i lost one and let one go that i hooked reeling in for the nite, might have been legal but wasn't worth putting a tape on it at the end of the day.. lots of bait down deep. lots of weeds out there.

Hey all, I would like to fish tomorrow....just debating to fish the Campbell river hump or the Kitty Coleman hump....any advice? I live in campbell so I am familiar with the hump hear, but never fished the Kitty coleman hump.
thanks

Will someone please join me in confirming with Jeffywestcoast that fishing is really slow at Kitty. He and friends think it good.... LOL I wish

Dropped gear at Lazo and turned right this time instead of heading to Kitty where it has been slow for me also. Was dodging storms and rain out there this afternoon but managed to land a beauty. 25lbs just off the north end of Hornby. Biggest fish I have caught around here and although landing it by myself was a gongshow we got er done!

Back