Intellesteer Type R

sir-vivor

Well after going a season without my intellesteer as the fob (Remote) failed for the second time, I went to Intellesteer and was told there is a change to a new fob (Remote) and receiver. I could get mine for a reduced price of 150 bucks. So I said no I'll stay with the old fob (Remote) which I was advised is no longer avail. Great so their product has a major fault in my opinion and order to fix it I have to shell out another 150 bucks ( when I originally paid 700 bucks for what I felt was a superior product with solid back up ...boy was I fooled) U would think if Scotty had this problem they'd get u to shell out another 150 bucks , Oh , I forgot Scotty has class. What do u guys think, is it fair for me and others to be forced into shelling out another 150 to get intellesteer faulty design resolved or should we just kiss our 700 bucks away ????

Last edited:
We may have an amicable solution to this, will keep ya posted ..... Intellesteer may come good on this !

Im a happy customer now lol, Intellesteer amazed me with the resolution to this situation !!!
Thank you Mr, Gary Notenbomer and Intellesteer ..... WELL DONE !

Hooked up the new improved receiver for the intellisteer and it worked great ...... sea trial will have to wait until April .
Thanks Intellisteer !!!
PS ; swap out was very easy !

Reactions: BCI
Well after going a season without my intellesteer as the fob (Remote) failed for the second time, I went to Intellesteer and was told there is a change to a new fob (Remote) and receiver. I could get mine for a reduced price of 150 bucks. So I said no I'll stay with the old fob (Remote) which I was advised is no longer avail. Great so their product has a major fault in my opinion and order to fix it I have to shell out another 150 bucks ( when I originally paid 700 bucks for what I felt was a superior product with solid back up ...boy was I fooled) U would think if Scotty had this problem they'd get u to shell out another 150 bucks , Oh , I forgot Scotty has class. What do u guys think, is it fair for me and others to be forced into shelling out another 150 to get intellesteer faulty design resolved or should we just kiss our 700 bucks away ????
I just bought a 2008 Boston whaler that has the intellisteer type r system for my kicker. The cable was rusted solid so I just got a new cable and the unit will only run one way so I cannot load the new cable- was this the issue you had with the remote. I am trying to understand if its a unit issue or a remote issue? cheers

I just bought a 2008 Boston whaler that has the intellisteer type r system for my kicker. The cable was rusted solid so I just got a new cable and the unit will only run one way so I cannot load the new cable- was this the issue you had with the remote. I am trying to understand if its a unit issue or a remote issue? cheers
Have you got ahold of Gary Notenbomer and Intellesteer, Gary was always a great help. Give him a call and I'm sure he will help ya out. Yes I had the same issue but just cant remember exactly what to do , sorry but for the life of me, I cant remember, Gary helped me with it thought (I remember it was a clutch problem but what was the solution , sorry ) mine has run flawlessly for about 4 years now

Ok Gary- is he at canadian metal pacific or at intellisteer.com? I cant find support email anywhere- thanks for your time, cheers

I have to replace old sender and remote $150 for upgrade. ordered. I guess they dont make the sender and remotes and they had lots of issues with old ones.
O ya I did that too , way better on batteries, they last a long long time now, thought it was something, else but ya that was it ...sucks to get old , dont have alzheimers but I'm sure I got "sometimers", some time I remembers and sometimes I dont . Glad it worked out fer ya, it's a super unit especially for solo fishin , tight lines

Back