How much would you offer on this 26' Hourston...?

The boat is worth maybe 5 k Pod is worth scrap prices looking at it. You would be buying a shell. My guess it will need a complete tear down. Love the tarp slope back though

The boat is no longer for sale, I offered owner 10k conditional to a survey :) Owner said he was going to wrap it up for the winter and put it in storage...

The boat is no longer for sale, I offered owner 10k conditional to a survey :) Owner said he was going to wrap it up for the winter and put it in storage...
What happened to the other two offers?!

Looked like a major project. You already have one of those, no?

Na, not too major of a project, this is nothing compared to some of my house renos. I actually enjoy work like this, yes its a sickness... :(

He did say he saw a 26 in Kitimat with the motor blown, hummm....

Na, not too major of a project, this is nothing compared to some of my house renos. I actually enjoy work like this, yes its a sickness... :(

I was going to say sorry it didn't work out, but it sounds like it could be a good thing. I did say the guy was pretty hot and cold about whether he was going to sell it or fix it -- and that I didn't know how rough it was inside. Rough.

You'll find one.

I was going to say sorry it didn't work out, but it sounds like it could be a good thing. I did say the guy was pretty hot and cold about whether he was going to sell it or fix it -- and that I didn't know how rough it was inside. Rough.

You'll find one.

O for sure it was out of my hands, thx buddy, I am not heart broken, I still have the 23 to work on, and who knows that might be all I need... :) I have a tendency to over build, over think and over come!

O for sure it was out of my hands, thx buddy, I am not heart broken, I still have the 23 to work on, and who knows that might be all I need... :) I have a tendency to over build, over think and over come!

This just might be a case of me over thinking that I will need a 26', a few extra feet, when we have a few couples onboard on the Shuswap's putting around.

This just might be a case of me over thinking that I will need a 26', a few extra feet, when we have a few couples onboard on the Shuswap's putting around.

We fish every year for 5 days with 2 families on our 23 - 7 people - which was easier 15 years ago than now, since kids grow. Kids are often hanging out in the bow reading or playing games together, but when there's fish on, the cockpit can get crowded! I'd love a 26 for 2 main things - a forward facing passenger seat, and a standup head.

We fish every year for 5 days with 2 families on our 23 - 7 people - which was easier 15 years ago than now, since kids grow. Kids are often hanging out in the bow reading or playing games together, but when there's fish on, the cockpit can get crowded! I'd love a 26 for 2 main things - a forward facing passenger seat, and a standup head.

Yep, my thoughts exactly... See, I was ok for like a hour or so and now right back to the 26' i go :eek:

I have 2 fatal problems with the 26.
1. Lack of space [I can park my 23 between the house and the side street, but not a 26]
2. Lack of permission

I have permission, which is the biggest hurdle and the Hourston will be stored in Salmon Arm somewhere, not so much time in Alberta. I have a pontoon boat for the small lakes here in AB...

IMG_6844.jpeg IMG_6847.jpeg IMG_6849.jpeg IMG_6850.jpeg

Don't get the wrong impression, I don't have a FREE pass, I still have strict restrictions on my budget! :p The budget is not over 25K complete, see my fatal problem?

How about something like this? This is a 26 Hourston that has been gutted, everything needs to be replace which is what I was going to do anyways, at least all the hard work is done. This is hull, windshield and roof only no trailer etc...

IMG_1410.jpg jpeg-imag.jpg

Back