Horseshoebay breakwater DOWN !

Its a different barge they brought in as far as I know and the original is 70 feet down on the bottom held in place by forklifts and outboard motors.

Which was the upside down alloy? I like to keep track of these things. I'll probably end up looking at it on Craigslist in a few months. Lol

Also, was it bc ferries boom the caused the damage? Will they be covering the damages?
If you look at the videos you can see (as one member here pointed out to me) that the wind has backed around a few points and is pounding water directly into the bay usually it's a bit off to the side but not that fateful day.

The barge/breakwater that flipped has been there for some time-there's some confusion with it and the rock groyne that most people think of when they say 'breakwater'.

BC Ferries infrastructure has nothing to do with the events AFAICT.

Lots of wind from an unusual direction into the bay. Breakwater barge was overwhelmed by storm surge and downflooded.. Amazing job by the team at sewells getting this mess sorted out quickly, a really tough day for all of them. Many moths will be spent rebuilding, happy that it was only boats, docks and a breakwater lost.

Back