Gelcoat Color Matching

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hi Guy's

My buddy got a little excited with the gaf last week on our winter harbor trip and the side of my Seasport ended up with a chip in the gelcoat. The area I am looking to fix is about the size of a Nickel. I understand the process of fixing it but what worries me is matching the right shade of white. Is there a company that will match the gelcoat color? Do you think I will have any help from Seasport?

Thanks

Hi Guy's

My buddy got a little excited with the gaf last week on our winter harbor trip and the side of my Seasport ended up with a chip in the gelcoat. The area I am looking to fix is about the size of a Nickel. I understand the process of fixing it but what worries me is matching the right shade of white. Is there a company that will match the gelcoat color? Do you think I will have any help from Seasport?

Thanks
I would ring up Seasport out of Bellingham and give them your Hull number and they should be able to give you the exact colour match.
Did this with my Wellcraft and got the exact colour match I was looking for.

51a2b1JJ7vL._SL1500_.jpg

Hi Guy's

Thanks

Spectrum will make your colour. Go to their website and look for your Make and find the appropriate year and colour. The list will tell you what quantities they make it in.

Getting the exact original colour match doesn't always work because the gelcoat has aged and faded with time.It's a good starting point though if you can get it.With white (off white) you may have to add a brown,grey or yellow tint to get a better match if your fussy like me.

there are a few "mobile: gel coat guys around get them to come make you some they put in a jar and all you have to do is add a catalyst store in a cool dark place lasts for years trust me you will get more scratches,dents,holes over time ...lol

Back