Gear Restriction: Area 29

hmm all of 29 now used to be just the area east from the 14th street pier to stanley park basically ambleside to cap mouth, no subsection mentioned now? I've been wanting to switch to a single anyway guess I just got the kick in the butt I needed

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, that's the first I've seen the change also. Going to have to re-tie a bunch.

Hookin-up, you may want to recheck your boundaries, anything east of a line from pt atkinson to point grey is in area 28, not 29 and has been for years.
cheers nicnat

Hookin-up, you may want to recheck your boundaries, anything east of a line from pt atkinson to point grey is in area 28, not 29 and has been for years.
cheers nicnat

you are 100% correct I just confused the 2 areas, and I know that too, I musta had a dyslexic dirty blonde moment lol
area 28 restriction is a little different as in no more then 2 single pointed hooks at or around cap area, meaning no trebles is what I originally should have said, that's what happens when old guys post too late

In area 29 OTHER than the TIDAL portion, means mission bridge and beyond.

Cheers Dan

see now that right there is a confusing Reg, and potentially could be interpreted in different ways

heres the full C&P

Gear Restriction: in Area 29 other than the tidal portion of the Fraser River angling gear permitted for salmon fishing shall include a lure or bait with only one single barbless hook

They way I read it, its other than the tidal portion of the fraser, that would mean out in the straight as well, wouldn't it?

They way I read it, its other than the tidal portion of the fraser, that would mean out in the straight as well, wouldn't it?

yes, and tidal portion is different multiple hook ok actually states bar rig ok under area 29 fraser river regs, so yes it is referring to the chuck area.

Back