Fishing Mabel lake

Discussion in '2017 Freshwater Fishing Reports' started by Don, May 9, 2019.

1. Don

Don New Member

Has any body got a update on fishing Mabel lake this spring I’m going out early June .my son is there now staying at the north end had a few bites no fish ,any pointers would help they have a boat.

2. donnie d

donnie d Active Member

Small apex’s or anything to imitate salmon fry. Troll around incoming creek mouths. Wap creek area, try all depths from 30 - 100 feet in the area. I’ve only fished south end, plan to be that way early June as well. Some very active and hard fighting bows. Beautiful lake, reminds me of the Island.

3. Don

Don New Member

Thanks Donnie for your information

4. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

also bucktails in the early am, right on top with 1 oz of weight 300' back at about 3.3mph. Also Lyman plugs in the 30-100' range at about 2.3-3mph they slay.

5. Don

Don New Member

Thanks kingblazer I will try both of them ,so far Mabel is beating me up .

6. Don

Don New Member

7. Don

Don New Member

How far ahead of the buck tails does the 1oz weight go ?

8. kingblazer84

I usually put out about 100 - 150' of line then clip a slip weight 1 oz on and go another 150', I also run a 4" chrome apex on top the same way and have had luck that way or down on the rigger at those depths posted above.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  9. Don

Don New Member

Thanks a lot kingblazer I will try that next month.have you found fishing the south end of Mabel or the north end where we will be staying better fishing then the other ?

10. kingblazer84

North end has always been good for me out at wap creek where it enters into the lake especially good.

11. Don

Don New Member

Thanks again Kingblazer

kingblazer84 likes this.
  12. kingblazer84

no problem hopefully you get into some fish