Ever Used the New Peetz Banshee?

Dogbreath

Just heard of this new product not exactly my type but looks/sound interesting

https://www.peetzoutdoors.com/products/peetz-banshee-reel?variant=19712426639458

PEETZ Banshee GS Reel

The PEETZ 4-Inch Banshee Guide (GS) Series wooden fishing feel is a classic vintage style reel made of mahogany and brass with an unforgettable "clicker" sound that screams like a banshee.

The BANSHEE GS4

The most state-of-the-art wooden reel ever produced; the inner workings of a Banshee GS reel are even more advanced than most anodized aluminum reels. The Banshee GS ceramic drag system is sealed behind a CNC-machined inner bearing chamber with a grease barrier to provide smooth operation and outstanding seal against water penetration without typical problems like "line creep" or gumminuss.

PEETZ is known for the long lifespan of its tackle and fishing equipment. These reels are often considered family heirlooms to be passed down through generations of anglers. The Banshee is a testament to our uncompromising position on quality. Are you ready for your forever reel?

Features
  • Handcrafted mahogany - sealed and stained with PEETZ custom sealer and two coats of quality marine spar varnish for decades of protection from the elements
  • Handcrafted, polished brass components including a beautiful lathe-shaped brass line spool
  • Simple, easy-to-use drag adjustment
  • Tried and true non-slip drag control
  • The distinctive sound of the PEETZ clicker ("fish on!") with on/off button
  • A lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects
Specifications
  • Diameter: 4 inches
  • Width: 2.5 inches
  • Weight: 32 ounces

I don't have a Banshee, but I do have an older Peetz reel that I had updated to the new drag. It's awesome . Easy to adjust, smooth and no creep. The clicker is loud and can't be turned off on mine, so I don't use it if I there are seals around

I don't have a Banshee, but I do have an older Peetz reel that I had updated to the new drag. It's awesome . Easy to adjust, smooth and no creep. The clicker is loud and can't be turned off on mine, so I don't use it if I there are seals around

Just curious if you remember what the conversion to the new drag system cost?

Thanks
Oly

Sorry for the double post. Bent-Tip must have posted his answer as I was writing mine.

Just curious if you remember what the conversion to the new drag system cost?

Thanks
Oly
what does Peetz do to the reel to convert it.

what does Peetz do to the reel to convert it.

looking at the website, they drill out a larger centre hole and install the new drag system. For $174.99 they will install the drag system and overhaul and refinish the reel. Otherwise it’s $109.99 just for the new drag system.

If you click on the links provided above by @Bent-Tip and @fish brain it explains everything.

Oly

Back