Eating Your Catch

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says right in the regs you can use unlimited number of rods if everyone in the boat but only 1 per license if there’s Unlicensed people in the boat

I got a ticket finding out the hard way to physically check to make sure all the guests have their licenses in their possession
Oh man yet another unclear one. I wonder if DFO jumps on boards like this to find out what the regs are?

[QUOTE There is also this, taken directly from DFOs British Columbia Sport Fishing Guide (page 10) (I highlighted the essential part):

Fish that you eat
A fish that you’ve caught and are preparing to eat immediately while you are away from your ordinary residence is considered part of your daily limit and your possession limit. Once the fish is eaten, it’s no longer part of your possession limit. However, it is still part of your daily limit for the day it was caught.

Cheers!

Ukee[/QUOTE]

BINGO !!! ..... UKEE wins the prize !! This explains it perfectly and so short, sweet and simple. CRGreg has also been consistently correct throughout this discussion. You both win the prize .....but sorry as not sure what you win lol.

Edit/addition: And as far as the # rods go , you must make sure that anyone that doesn't want to fish and therefore doesn't want to buy a license that they are only an observer and will NOT be fishing or touching any fishing gear. Eg taking along a media reporter or camera person. It is legal to fish with multiple rods on a boat in tidal waters as long as ONLY a licence holder touches the fishing gear at any time. Yes it is much more simple to just have all on board to have licenses.

Last edited:
BINGO !!! ..... UKEE wins the prize !! This explains it perfectly and so short, sweet and simple. CRGreg has also been consistently correct throughout this discussion. You both win the prize .....but sorry as not sure what you win lol.

I agree with this as well. This is what I have always thought applied and makes sense. And by the way, ask a DFO guy a question today and get answer A. Ask another officer tomorrow, get answer B and so on and so on just like the shampoo ad......Who knew fishin would have so much math.

It says right in the regs you can use unlimited number of rods if everyone in the boat but only 1 per license if there’s Unlicensed people in the boat

I got a ticket finding out the hard way to physically check to make sure all the guests have their licenses in their possession

That is incorrect in Tidal waters.. What were you ticketed for ? as long as the other people on board arent handling the gear, there is no violation. If they do handle the gear, THEY could be charged for Fishing without a Licence.

CRGreg

That is incorrect in Tidal waters.. What were you ticketed for ? as long as the other people on board arent handling the gear, there is no violation. If they do handle the gear, THEY could be charged for Fishing without a Licence.

CRGreg
I could not be determined that the unlicensed persons were not participating in the fishing. They do not take your word on it

Mark your license and then it makes sense. Doesn’t matter if you eat one, it’s all recorded on your license. Simple really.

Limits (d/p/a)
(d) Daily limit
The maximum number of a given fish species that a person is allowed to keep in one day.
(p) Possession limit
The maximum number of fish you can have in your possession at any given time, except for what is at your ordinary residence.
(a) Annual limit
The total amount of fish of a certain species that may be caught and retained during the course of a fishing year which commences on April 1 and ends the following March 31.

so
d daily= fish i did not eat, so catch your limit go ashore eat one. then go fishing and and replace it. then go home with your daily limit
p possesion after i eat it i am no longer in possession. i have never had my cooler checked and asked how many are in my belly

so you Dudes are wrong!!!! only differance is a fish that counts on your licence and is recorded
YOU MY FRIEND ARE WRONG. no matter what you WANT to do you can only bonk your daily limit regardless if you eat it or not. Yes hard to get caught like that but why risk it ? clearly you don’t need more then the daily limit anyway unless you are illegally selling? don’t be greedy here people keep your limit and don’t push it. I’ve heard if lodges and guides keeping possession limits for guests entire trip in one day, cause they had a weather window or the fishing is hot so do it in one day. This is wrong and is what gives us sporties a bad name in the province. keep it real and legal it’s not hard to figure out.... Dfo does have confusing regs and hard to find details but this is not one of them simple daily limit possession is twice the daily...... grow up and stop being greedy.

I have to say that I am continually shocked and disappointed at the lack of understanding of the regulations and straight up illegal and unethical behaviour shown by some on this forum who are shown as "well known members" By all means, Keep your limits...But Stop looking for loopholes and "grey" areas to harvest more fish..

CRGreg
Couldn’t have said that better.

YOU MY FRIEND ARE WRONG. no matter what you WANT to do you can only bonk your daily limit regardless if you eat it or not. Yes hard to get caught like that but why risk it ? clearly you don’t need more then the daily limit anyway unless you are illegally selling? don’t be greedy here people keep your limit and don’t push it. I’ve heard if lodges and guides keeping possession limits for guests entire trip in one day, cause they had a weather window or the fishing is hot so do it in one day. This is wrong and is what gives us sporties a bad name in the province. keep it real and legal it’s not hard to figure out.... Dfo does have confusing regs and hard to find details but this is not one of them simple daily limit possession is twice the daily...... grow up and stop being greedy.
so does Bonk mean kill in one fashion or another? there are also alot of people on this board that kill there kids or others on the boats allowable keep( and the people never fish) as well as there own.
this is wrong isnt it

but according to everyone here, someone killed more than there allowable daily limit. so it is illegal

Your right but the consensus on here from past arguments on here is if dfo is dumb enough to issue a licences to a baby then it’s their problem.

Your right but the consensus on here from past arguments on here is if dfo is dumb enough to issue a licences to a baby then it’s their problem.
i am not concerned about DFO , just the people on there high horses around here, and there Daily limits

but according to everyone here, someone killed more than there allowable daily limit. so it is illegal
Youre just twisting words and ignoring facts to reach the conclusion you desire. If you cut the **** and think about whats been posted in here its crystal clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back