DFO Warplane

sundance

was flying over Otter pt , Trailer pk , Sooke Bluffs at tree top heights did 4 pass overs circleing 1/2 dozen Halli anchoring boats , no missiles spotted for taking out Gill Nets on the Frazer river

It flew over Oakbay as well today, likely doing counts on the Halibut
fisher's.
WTF can they tell by a flyover except how many boats they see ?

I’m sure everyone of those boats caught their limit!! Even if they can count how many on board how can the use that to make an informed count. Two of my buddies spent Saturday and Sunday anchored at Boarder Bank to no avail. But the plain would count that as 4 or more Halibut caught???

Dam is that what that was, did a complete circle around us really low. We did have 2 hanging over sides, maybe we are on camera????

HM

been circled many times while anchored out of bam.

Is it actually looking to see hali, or just gathering numbers data? Was out for 10 hrs today, no plane, no ships running us over and no fish.

HM

Hugo, the creel survey guy that passed away recently, told me he used to have to fly in that plane on occasion and it terrified him. lol

You're all wrong......its purpose......to scare the **** outta you. Purely optics. At least it always scares the **** outta me when I'm 8 miles off shore at Nootka and that thing comes outta nowhere 100 feet over you in the middle of the fog.

Well I can tell you from being in many meetings they fly over count boats do some weird VOODOO math and they come up with numbers of a catch ratio THATS how our quota gets eaten up , and now they have bought their own plane now to "monitor us" So just a FYI as ive been so wrong before make sure you go get your halibut now. AS IT WILL BE SHUT DOWN!!!!!! earlier then normal.
you will here the great minister say something like this..."the exploitation rate of the halibut fishery has increased 100% on the west coast"
Funny I wonder why????so make sure you go have fun and enjoy

Good Luck Wolf

You should see the creel counts that are put forward during Swiftsure weekend. They can't tell the difference between 500 sailboats and 50 fishermen!

Last week I was flown over by a fancy dark green helicopter. Cowichan river and chilliwack river.
And for Canadians and others that don't know; the great explorer Simon Fraser is who the river is named after. there are no Z'ds in Fraser!!!