Cleaning Station

Saltwater Cowboy

Anyone have any good designs for a fish cleaning table! I keep coming home with fish and have to awkwardly rig up a slippery patio table to clean and fillet my fish! I'm going to build one for my house that will be better for size, durability, ease of cleaning, no slip surface etc.... Just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions! Thanks SW Cowboy

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

It's hard to beat stainless steel for durability and ease of cleaning etc. A V-trough is also handy (as you see at most marina cleaning stations), holding the fish for cutting and cleaning the belly. Some sort of catch basin to collect and segregate all the wasre portions is also handy and makes cleanup easier.

I assume making something like this may be difficult and costly, not to mention purchasing. However, I have often seen discarded stainless steel sink and countertop units at big recycling depots - I assume from renovated restaurant kitchens. I often thought if I was looking for a home cleaning station I would start there.

Just some ideas for ya.

It's hard to beat stainless steel for durability and ease of cleaning etc. A V-trough is also handy (as you see at most marina cleaning stations), holding the fish for cutting and cleaning the belly. Some sort of catch basin to collect and segregate all the wasre portions is also handy and makes cleanup easier.

I assume making something like this may be difficult and costly, not to mention purchasing. However, I have often seen discarded stainless steel sink and countertop units at big recycling depots - I assume from renovated restaurant kitchens. I often thought if I was looking for a home cleaning station I would start there.

Just some ideas for ya.

Heh Saltwater Cowboy check out the metal recyclers out in cumberland last time I was there was lots of stuff you could use to construct a well made but fairly inexpensive cleaning table. Have you been out lately? Hows your boat? Will chat with ya later...

Cheers MyEscape

Happy Hookin!!!

Heh Saltwater Cowboy check out the metal recyclers out in cumberland last time I was there was lots of stuff you could use to construct a well made but fairly inexpensive cleaning table. Have you been out lately? Hows your boat? Will chat with ya later...

Cheers MyEscape

Happy Hookin!!!

I made on just like CS but used fiberglass cloth worked great but when i moved the owner liked it so much they bought it off of me.
One thing though i sealed the underside of the table so moisture wouldnt come up from underneath because that will lift up fiberglass too. bet it is still there being used.
Good Luck Wolf

I made on just like CS but used fiberglass cloth worked great but when i moved the owner liked it so much they bought it off of me.
One thing though i sealed the underside of the table so moisture wouldnt come up from underneath because that will lift up fiberglass too. bet it is still there being used.
Good Luck Wolf

Hey CS! Thanks to you and Wolf for the info! I live in the Comox Valley so if you live close by I would love to take a look at your cleaning station and it would really give me a good idea of what I want to do with mine! Let me know what you think and we could get together and swap some fish stories too!

SW Cowboy

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Sorry S.C I live in Vic if i am ever up that way ill let you know may have to go up there in the fall and go fishing with blueorca.

Good luck Wolf

Back