Cheanuh or Pedder bay

jaymasta

Which would you pick to fish for coho until late October? Pedder Bay is $70 more per month. I have fished out of cheanuh quite a bit. Never Pedder Bay I know they are not that far apart, but I don’t want to put in at Pedder and find myself boating out front of Beechy head every time. I have never headed out of Becher bay and turned left to fish in that direction or past race rocks. Thanks

Which would you pick to fish for coho until late October? Pedder Bay is $70 more per month. I have fished out of cheanuh quite a bit. Never Pedder Bay I know they are not that far apart, but I don’t want to put in at Pedder and find myself boating out front of Beechy head every time. I have never headed out of Becher bay and turned left to fish in that direction or past race rocks. Thanks

If your doing moorage Pedder would be better that time of year. If your going late October for coho they may be gone by then though only thing. At least with pedder I think it starts up for winter springs around then. You just have to go right at the can. And...if halibut is still open your right there. Cheanuh is good also but I would be more inclined to lean towards Pedder. You aslo can hide there with weather.

I like cheanuh based on the proximity to the fishing spots.

Pedder seems to be better for crabbing and yes, it is a very nice dock as per Scott’s comment.

Is there fresh water and electric outlets on the docks at Cheanuh?

There is no power or water at cheanuh. I went with Pedder, hopefully I can’t find some coho outside of the channel over the next month. Looking forward to visiting race rocks and exploring other areas as well.

Last edited:
Thought not, I like to wash down my boat and motor at the end of the day. I have been keeping my boat there for years, great place, its not that far around. For coho just go out though race and head for 500 feet of water off Church and the Head you will find them out there.

Yea I went down there tonight and gave my boat a bath and tidied it up, last time I was out it was pouring rain and I was not prepared so I was soaked in no time and just wanted to get out of there, it is sure nice to be able to wash it down with fresh water and flush the motor out when tied to the dock. I’ll be trying for some coho this week after work.

Back