Central coast shearwater/Bella bella area

JAC

Hey everyone

I'm heading back to shearwater this Sunday and I'm wondering if anyone has been fishing that area recently? Can wait I will report back when I return

You bet, 10 days back I took my wife on a cruising/fishing trip to Bella Balla with http://www.tugboatcruise.com/;we hit the airport and after a quick lunch and cruise up to Idle pt we were fishing.The coho action was on fire to say the least...10 - 20 pulls out of the cut plug,it didn't seem to matter,they would even wack it on the way down.

The next 6 days we cruised and anchored near some secret and not so secret fishing spots.Only a couple of times did we see other lodge boats ex.Shearwater.Coho fishing was just starting to turn on and some mornings were lights out.Coho were now hitting mid - teens; a lady crew landed the largest coho of the cruise, a plucky 16 pounder.Not much in the way of springs;which didn't surprise me, considering the unseasonably dry weather on the Central Coast.

As a matter of fact,I just got off the land line,eagerly seeking new fishing reports from the company's manager Wayne Kellet.He informed me that the Coho fishing was indeed exceeding expectations. The dry weather has made rivers low;fish are stacking up outside the rivers,ready and waiting...

The manager "THE COHO ARE NOW 20 POUNDS"!!!! We are starting to see a few more Springs;notably a #45 & #36...River Inlet rumours abound ;)

Back