CB Antenna

AlK

Is it possible to repair a CB antenna. I have a 8' Shakespeare antenna on my boat that got broken about 10" from the top. The internal wire is still in tact. A replacement costs around $100 so I am wondering will the antenna work if I repair the external part of the antenna.

not worth it, and i assume (or if its not it should be!) a vhf antenna. Buy a new Shakespeare and have peace of mind out there, that's one of the most important pieces of equipment you can have out on the water.

From what i remeber of Cb both the attena and the Unit have to be callibrated together I remeber having to do that a very long time ago. I didnt think anyone ever used them anymore.
Do you still have a floor cabinet TV with out a remote too???? the ones where you have to get up to change the channel?? LOL LOL
Sorry couldnt resist.
Im sure you can find a new attena and Vhf rather chap now as they are clearing a lot of stuff for new stock.

Good luck Wolf

O.K. guys. Ouch, I get the message. Actually, I have both the CB and the VHF.

"Do you still have a floor cabinet TV with out a remote too????"
Wolf, no. However, I do have 3 TV's and one of them is a 1986 and that thing works perfectly and it has a remote. LOL

LOL LOL good to see you have a sense of humor I just coudnt resist thanks for a laugh.....

Wolf

BREAKER,BREAKER good Buddy! What's your 20? Come back to Rubber Duck. 10/4 over and out!

Sorry, couldn't resist either.

I still have a CB radio. But then again its sittingon a shelf gathering and storing about 15 years of dust. I often wondered if I was to broadcast on it, would anyone be out there to listen or respond?

When I am fishing around the big or little Q or around Bowser it is surprising how many guys are on the CB.

And they are probally 80 year old men trolling a hootchie they caught a 50 lb on in 1979 LOL LOL.

sorry i cant help myself LOL LOL

You have to watch those Seniors!

THE SENIOR’S BREAKFAST SPECIAL:
We went to breakfast at a restuarant where the Senior’s Special was:
Two eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast for $1.99.
“Sounds good,” my wife said. “But I don’t want the eggs.”
“Then I’ll have to charge you three dollars and forty-nine cents because you’re not ordering the special – you’re ordering a la carte”, the waitress informed her.
“You mean I’ll have to pay extra for not taking the eggs?” My wife asked incredulously.
“That’s right”, replied the waitress.
“Okay, I’ll take the special.”
“How do you want your eggs?”
“Raw and in the shell,” my wife replied.
She took the two eggs home.

WARNING: DON’T MESS WITH SENIORS
We’ve been around the block more than once!

Back