Capilano River Salmon

I will be travelling to the mainland this week and hope to take in a little (well hopefully not so little) Coho action on the Capilano. Where would I go to take in some late evening action? Recommendations? Any places/holes where a novice Fly fisher has some "room to cast"? And the last question for the next ten minutes ... is there a river map I should get?

Cheers,
Alex

I forgot to mention you may pick up a map of the river and more info. in the local fly shops which are High Water Tackle Ltd., 113 Lonsdale Ave., North Vancouver; Tel # 604-986-3239 or Ruddick's Fly Shop, 1077 Marine Drive, North Vacouver; Tel.# 604-985-5650. Hope this helps. Cheers :).

I forgot to mention you may pick up a map of the river and more info. in the local fly shops which are High Water Tackle Ltd., 113 Lonsdale Ave., North Vancouver; Tel # 604-986-3239 or Ruddick's Fly Shop, 1077 Marine Drive, North Vacouver; Tel.# 604-985-5650. Hope this helps. Cheers :).

I tried my luck on Thursday evening. Fished a few pools but no action. The handful of others I met shared the same fate. Maybe it was too hot/dry/low water (I'll just keep coming up with excuses!)

Anyone else have better luck recently?

Alex

I tried my luck on Thursday evening. Fished a few pools but no action. The handful of others I met shared the same fate. Maybe it was too hot/dry/low water (I'll just keep coming up with excuses!)

Alex

Alex

Back