Canvas Boat Top Maker

Peahead

Time to get new canvas- anyone recommend a boat top maker in Lower mainland? West Coast Boat Tops ? Rose's ? There is a boat canvas place in Lynn Valley ( private home on Abborlynn I think ) where I had some work done before - anyone know the name of that place? Also there used to be an old guy that was very good at it and had a small family business and then his son took it over ....is that West Coast or another company ?
I just need new canvas top made on my old frame - don't need new frame.

Also any ideas on how to stop the canvas leaking until I get new top made - I know a tarp on top works but man does it look ugly, especially when the boat is travelling at 30 knots;)

Creative Marine Canvas. (604) 270-1333

We have had Adolph do all of our canvas work and have been very happy. Give him a call he is located in Richmond.

Adlph beside were Double Eagel used to be in Richmond Does very good work. He has done all of Double eagles work for years.

Ok thats two for Adolph , thanks Jimmy. A bonus is that this request IS for a canvas top for Double Eagle !

Until you get your new top made you could try a product called "Aqua-Tite" It is a silicon type spray-on that works very well for me.
My top is shot...been that way for 5 years. I apply the aqua-tite every spring and it lasts the season. The boat is stored indoors when not in use.
"The Canvas Man" shop in Kamloops has it in stock. I would think any boat top maker would have it or could order it for you.

Ivers boat tops 604 856 2455 out in the valley by aldergrove
did a couple of tops for me years ago,still no issues with them.

Try Brigatine, Fraser Hwy & 216th in Langley. I've been happy:D

Thanks myknoo and The Law for the names and excal. thx for the aqua tite tip

I am going to try this all over again ...Looking for a proven canvas top maker again. 3 attempts and over a month to try to get Adolf at Creative Canvas to respond ....and nothing. 1 st call no answer and no call back( no company name even mentioned on outgoing recording [:0]. Called back and got women (wife?) Answered without company name so had to ask if I had Creative Canvas and Adolf. She seemed stressed and perhaps rolling of her eyes that Adolf had not returned my call. A couple weeks and I never got a call back from that message either so I called for the last time and never got a return. Adolf is either too busy or just not interested in a doing a smaller boat but either way I felt that was pretty bad business practice- at least call back and suggest someone else!.

Thanks for the earlier recomendations from all of you. Any other recommendation would be great but my boat is moored in west Van so prefer North Shore/Vancouver/Burnaby/Port Coq. or even Richmond. Anyone used Rose at Thunderbird Marina or Custom Boat Tops at Reed Pt Marina ?

Haruna on Clark Dr in Vancouver have been making tops for years at very competitive pricing. Have seen some customer pics on other forums and looked really nice. I was quoted $800.00 in the off season for a Sunbrella convertible top with slope back for my Double Eagle.

http://www.haruna1.com/index.htm

Hey Peahead when I had my double eagle re covered I had Adolf do it. Perfect job but the only way to get him is drive to his shop. I know sounds flaky but that is how he works.

boat-2.jpg

quote:Originally posted by cedarman

Hey Peahead when I had my double eagle re covered I had Adolf do it. Perfect job but the only way to get him is drive to his shop. I know sounds flaky but that is how he works.

boat-2.jpg

Thanks coholips and cedarman. I guess if I lived near Adolf I'd not have difficulty driving over to his place but I just don't think I have the time to drive all the way from NVan to Richmond searching him out like a bounty hunter ;) only to find him not there. Then drive there a second or third time just to find him and then 2 more times to deliver and pick up the boat. If Adolf can do all the business he wants without ever being contacted by phone then "may the force be with him"... but I don't think I can.
I am going to give Haruna a call as well as Pacific Rim canvas ( advertizes a mobile service option)and maybe Gary's or A1. Thanks for your help guys.

I am going to send you a PM later this evening cedarman - just want to request a couple of details on the work he did for you, if you don't mind.

Back