Can Rcmp check your fish an issue tickets ?

Just asking, because they were checking fish and measuring fish lengths at a road block just out side of Pedder Bay no conservation officer present. They were also checking boat trailers for proper weight capacities and brakes.

Absolutely, copied from a fisheries site.

INSPECTION
If asked, you must allow a Conservation Officer, Fishery Officer, RCMP Constable, Park Ranger in a Provincial Park, Park Warden in a National Park or an Officer under the Wildlife Act to examine your fishing licence, gear and catch.

They were also checking boat trailers for proper weight capacities and brakes.
Like to see how many passed that test. Some of the trailer/boat/tow vehicle set-ups I've seen, it amazes me that no one has stopped them.

I think it's great that the RCMP are out there doing what the DFO officers don't have the numbers to do. If you're legal there's nothing to be worried about. I'v been stopped in a road block where they check out your trailer, catch, and ask whether I'v been drinking, I told the cop no, but give me fifteen minutes and I'll have a different answer.

We were at Pedder yesterday as well and when we left police had a trailer and boat on scales and had truck unhooked and on a flat bed tow truck and another truck and boat pulled over with fisheries in the boat going through everything. They were there at 11 am checking boats launching when we arrived and still there when we left at 6.

Back