Bragging Rights Photo Op

PART 2

My sons favorite thing to brag about is the 20lb Chinook he brought in by himself this year. His arms where so fatigued he couldn't even try to hold it up

Attachments

• HHH.jpg
    HHH.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 179
This past weekend out at bamfield i lost a derby winner im sure. Right beside the boat with its head down. Took off and did 5 big ariel jumps right out of the water and spat the hooks mid air. Biggest fish I've ever had on in my whole life fishing. I know it was 35+ because the next morning I boated a 27lb, and it looked half the size. Was still a contender though. But I'm still having a hard time sleeping.

This past weekend out at bamfield i lost a derby winner im sure. Right beside the boat with its head down. Took off and did 5 big ariel jumps right out of the water and spat the hooks mid air. Biggest fish I've ever had on in my whole life fishing. I know it was 35+ because the next morning I boated a 27lb, and it looked half the size. Was still a contender though. But I'm still having a hard time sleeping.
Wow what a day! I can tell you from experience that a year later it doesn’t hurt anymore and I only have the odd dream about it now. Something you don’t forget until, I assume, you catch an even bigger one! Mine was right at the boat too.

Wow what a day! I can tell you from experience that a year later it doesn’t hurt anymore and I only have the odd dream about it now. Something you don’t forget until, I assume, you catch an even bigger one! Mine was right at the boat too.
Was it bigger than the sardine in your pic lol

Was it bigger than the sardine in your pic lol
Oh, i had to check the pic again...I thought my fly was down in it for a minute.
Yes it was a biggie and I said a very loud swear word when it got loose. My record is still a measly 12-13#,
and missing most of July and all of August this year (my sophomore year) didn’t help. I’ll get there though! I promise!! Keep the pics coming y’all

It may not be bragging rights to many of you, but for this guy, it’s a personal best... I figure I started this thread and at the time i did, my best was 12-13lbs.

Some of you believed this would be my year to break out and I would say that has been completely true. Thanks again for your tips and support!

I have now caught double digits of fish better than my 12/13’s in 2019.
Today was the best of what I have kept so far! 19.5lbs here’s the story...

I finished a job early today and decided to get the boat out for a run in Sidney. My classic stizzla debacle started at the launch where I had the boat somehow with the rollers jammed behind it on the transom and I had a damned of a time getting it free. I ended up backing as far into the water as possible to get some floating help. Managed to slip off the trailer tongue into the water up to my knees in the process. My stocks are still soaked as I write this.

Anyhoo, I take off for the 5 minute rip to the spit where I jig for 5 minutes and get bored so I decide to troll. I can’t find my tie bar so I am trolling on my main for now.

Within 10 minutes of lines being down I get a solid hit and it’s a solid fish indeed. Peeling line and i’m confidently waving at another boat jigging nearby as it keeps going :)
It makes a handful of good pulls and I tire him out near the boat. I will NEVER have the net not ready like the really big one I lost at Pender Bluffs a couple summers back. What I am not opposed to, however, is dropping the net in the ocean as I attempt to solo net it.
RIP net...

So I improvised. Grabbed the the gaffe, grabbed the leader and whack. Headshot. Point Right in the noggin, But it slipped back out. He’s bleeding heavily in the water and I know it’s not going to last long, so I held on, hoping it wouldn’t slip the hook. I didn’t want feel like a big douche today watching a dead fish sink into the ocean. Luckily that didn’t happen.

One more swing and another head shot was landed and in to the boat he went.

Red male. Looks soooo tasty!

I will celebrate with a trip to the net store.
746A69AB-F000-4727-B121-D502D0FC5BD5.png

fill the handle of your net with wine corks or foam. I have a bag of corks if yo need some. I am in Vic near Hillside mall. great story and nice fish.

It may not be bragging rights to many of you, but for this guy, it’s a personal best... I figure I started this thread and at the time i did, my best was 12-13lbs.

Some of you believed this would be my year to break out and I would say that has been completely true. Thanks again for your tips and support!

I have now caught double digits of fish better than my 12/13’s in 2019.
Today was the best of what I have kept so far! 19.5lbs here’s the story...

I finished a job early today and decided to get the boat out for a run in Sidney. My classic stizzla debacle started at the launch where I had the boat somehow with the rollers jammed behind it on the transom and I had a damned of a time getting it free. I ended up backing as far into the water as possible to get some floating help. Managed to slip off the trailer tongue into the water up to my knees in the process. My stocks are still soaked as I write this.

Anyhoo, I take off for the 5 minute rip to the spit where I jig for 5 minutes and get bored so I decide to troll. I can’t find my tie bar so I am trolling on my main for now.

Within 10 minutes of lines being down I get a solid hit and it’s a solid fish indeed. Peeling line and i’m confidently waving at another boat jigging nearby as it keeps going :)
It makes a handful of good pulls and I tire him out near the boat. I will NEVER have the net not ready like the really big one I lost at Pender Bluffs a couple summers back. What I am not opposed to, however, is dropping the net in the ocean as I attempt to solo net it.
RIP net...

So I improvised. Grabbed the the gaffe, grabbed the leader and whack. Headshot. Point Right in the noggin, But it slipped back out. He’s bleeding heavily in the water and I know it’s not going to last long, so I held on, hoping it wouldn’t slip the hook. I didn’t want feel like a big douche today watching a dead fish sink into the ocean. Luckily that didn’t happen.

One more swing and another head shot was landed and in to the boat he went.

Red male. Looks soooo tasty!

I will celebrate with a trip to the net store.
View attachment 46905

bout time you show us something fishy other then fancy islander reels all day long lol nice job bud! wish I could get away and fish :(

Back