Boredom Relief

IronNoggin

Beyond the EI calling merry go round, I am as bored as I have ever been.
Crawling walls actually after more than 2 weeks of isolation!

Decided to take a get out of the house break yesterday.
Sat watching the on and off again rains, saw a break, and thought wth! Let's GO!

Arrived to no-one else there. Excellent.
Got set up, and went to work with the new-to-me Convertible (22 LR & 22 WMR) German (Herbert Schmidt) Revolver.

8N7E6At.jpg

She was a long ways off center at 10 feet, so it took a bit to get her set-up and frustration was just starting to set in.
Small break, and right back at it.
After the break, she settled into her (and my) Sweet Spot, and began to spit them just about where I wanted.
A few more practice rounds, and Let's Get Serious!

Now out to ten yards, the 22 Long Rifle ammo grouped rather nicely:

GRlWiJW.jpg

Switched cylinders, and the 22 WMR (Magnum) rounds placed even better!

6RRoxGF.jpg

Backed out to 15 yards to see what she could do. 22 LR again:

G52SbYd.jpg

Not overly shabby! So let's give the 22 Mag a whirl at 15:

JDhrZ4u.jpg

Even better again! Seems to somewhat prefer the heavier magnum loads for whatever reason.

Of course then it was time to play Make The Can Dance.
Started at ~ 10 feet, and walked it out to around 20 yards!
FUN!

5BHSp14.jpg

And for the first time in days I was actually grinning from ear to ear!
She tends to get a little "sticky" after being shot but a handful of times.
Nothing a good cleaning and a little tweaking won't cure I'm sure.
Wanted to know if she could shoot. Yep indeed, a VERY fine tube on this one!
Guess I'll keep it.

And today, back to the regularly scheduled attempt to contact EI madness. Call number 130 in seconds...

So... What are you doing to try and kill the boredom blues??

Wondering...
Nog

Last edited:
Did a bit of maintenance on the boat: new bilge pump and switch, new washdown pump, tidied up some wiring, crankcase and leg oil changed and zerks greased. Checking internal zincs and thermostat.

Got out on the water twice this week - no keepers but great times on the water. I'll be out checking the prawning when weather permits. People are really good about the social distancing at the marina. Lots of room on the ocean.

Hum, -- Apparently subjecting you all to overly; frequent, verbose, lengthy, opinionated and somewhat boring posts seems to have been working for me.
I enjoy your posts. Keep boring me! lol

I’ll be heading home from work Wednesday and plan on doing my usual, which is hide in my shop and work away. This whole self isolation bit will be nothing new to me as I’m not exactly a social butterfly anyways. The public for the most part annoys me. I’ll head into town first day early and hit Rona then CT and stock up on a few things and then hide in my shop. Got to power polish the big boat, strip and re stain the dining room table top, when the snow drops enough got a few dozen spruce tress I want to get down and peeled and drying for a project I have planned this spring always lots to do around my place no time or such a thing as bored.

Can't go out and eat, can't go for a beer, can't go to Home Depot and get all the **** I need to have for projects around the house, can't go to the nursery and get plants, can't go to the Island and get my boat which is in storage and start prepping it for fishing season, can't drop my boat at the marina cause they're closed, can't go buying fishing gear at a store. The only places I've been in 3 weeks is the grocery store for food and of course I risked going to the liquor store twice and walked around the hood 21 times. Starting to lose it. Not good for the soul......When's this gonna end........

Can't take the boat out so:

Sorted plugs, spoons, jigs and hoochies and filled the Plano boxes.

sdBOwXL.jpg

wxLo24d.jpg

MDzStml.jpg

The boxes go into a Tackle Center that will be secured under the leaning post ( a high seat) in the boat. Made the Tackle Center a few weeks ago.

d7TjZEO.jpg

Sweet looking cabinet, looks like some some nice detail to it.

Can't go out and eat, can't go for a beer, can't go to Home Depot and get all the **** I need to have for projects around the house, can't go to the nursery and get plants, can't go to the Island and get my boat which is in storage and start prepping it for fishing season, can't drop my boat at the marina cause they're closed, can't go buying fishing gear at a store. The only places I've been in 3 weeks is the grocery store for food and of course I risked going to the liquor store twice and walked around the hood 21 times. Starting to lose it. Not good for the soul......When's this gonna end........
Dr. Henry says the next 2 weeks are critical to holding the numbers down. B.C. Ferries says no non-essential travel. However, I believe maintaining mental health is also important so maybe a visit to your boat is essential, in 2 weeks. Something to plan for and look forward to.

HD and nurseries are open in my town. Are you on a 14 day?

I atarted to sort my vinyl in alphabetical order, something I've ben threatening to do for years. I sort of like it out of order as I its grab whatever catches my attention so with a bit of luck it wont stay sorted for long. Sorry wife lol

Top left those don't look like standard Salmon plugs-more like Stickbaits used for Trevally & Tuna

wxLo24d.jpg

The boxes have a mix of plugs, spoons, jigs and hoochies.

Weird, somehow my post got mixed up with Iron Noggin's handgun post. Time for the mods to straighten it out. The small box on the left has plastic Luckie Louies and J Plugs.

I deleted my original post to avoid the confusion.

If I end up with a bad case of cabin fever. I may consider going for a ride (by myself of course) in the sporty car just for fun, not to go anywhere or even to the gas station, just for a drive. I noticed going to the Hospital yesterday that there was not much traffic on the roads. No speeding of course. That should get rid of a little boredom while still maintaining social isolation.

Last edited:
Back