Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

The 265 express is the only grady I've considered. This one looks nice. Had a quote on that tandem 300 zuk package the other day which totalled almost 60k on commercial pricing (with controls etc). Not a lot of info but if the electronics are modern and the boats in good shape, I think it's priced to sell.
Sorry if this is a members rig but that price is out to lunch. That engine package is nice but worth maybe 40-45k now. So the hull and trailer are worth $70 grand for a 20 year old hull? lol ya ok.

The 265 express is the only grady I've considered. This one looks nice. Had a quote on that tandem 300 zuk package the other day which totalled almost 60k on commercial pricing (with controls etc). Not a lot of info but if the electronics are modern and the boats in good shape, I think it's priced to sell.
Agreed, pretty easy to slam a boat for being old and expensive, but at least it comes with worry free power. Easy to drop 200k on a medium size Grady. If the hull is mint and the electronics and all other systems are well maintained and up to date it is priced in line with what is out there.

Agreed, pretty easy to slam a boat for being old and expensive, but at least it comes with worry free power. Easy to drop 200k on a medium size Grady. If the hull is mint and the electronics and all other systems are well maintained and up to date it is priced in line with what is out there.
They are great boats not slamming them at all, just the price. Ive seen a few of these 26' Gradys for sale in the last few months for 50-60k with twin four stroke power. And im just breaking down the price, hull is worth $65k? I guess if someone pays that then thats what its worth.

Last edited:
They are great boats not slamming them at all, just the price. Ive seen a few of these 26' Gradys for sale in the last few months for 50-60k with twin four stroke power. And im just breaking down the price, hull is worth $65k? I guess if someone pays that then thats what its worth.
Yeah, I've seen those two. I just don't put much of any value on a 10 year old set of yams other than trade in value (especially an old set of optis like one had). Those ive seen are all 50k + USD. So converted their expensive. Looked at a Canadian one for 80k last year that was beaten a bit and had older power. I agree that used boat prices are super high, so relative to the market it aint bad. Pretty easy to buy one for 50k and end up spending an extra 80 grand on a repower, electronics, deisel heat, wiring and trailer upgrade, etc.
Anyhow, I'm on the aluminum train now but that's a deadly machine if you don't mind coughing up 100 grand and being surrounded at the helm.....

Yeah, I've seen those two. I just don't put much of any value on a 10 year old set of yams other than trade in value (especially an old set of optis like one had). Those ive seen are all 50k + USD. So converted their expensive. Looked at a Canadian one for 80k last year that was beaten a bit and had older power. I agree that used boat prices are super high, so relative to the market it aint bad. Pretty easy to buy one for 50k and end up spending an extra 80 grand on a repower, electronics, deisel heat, wiring and trailer upgrade, etc.
Anyhow, I'm on the aluminum train now but that's a deadly machine if you don't mind coughing up 100 grand and being surrounded at the helm.....
Yup, almost any 26 foot boat with new dual power is going to be that much on a trailer. There was a steal of deal up north somewhere Prince Rupert maybe a 24 foot Proline, I think, with new dual 200's Yamaha's but it likely wasn't in the same class of hull or something was wrong with it. Almost impossible to get a well built Aluminum or good brand name fibreglass with new 600hp outboard power on a trailer for anything less than $90,000 USD, maybe until this winter goes further to **** but the rich have stayed rich and I've stayed out of bankruptcy so no fire sales yet! Yes you can find a couple boats just as big with 4strokes, you know who in Sooke and Surrey sell them but never with the investment of rigged new power. Not sure if this is the same hull we are discussing in my link below but I think it is, wicked if you have gas money... PS I can help you tow it in exchange for Tuna trip, my F350 barely feels my little 25.5 foot boat but would love the strain of 10-12k pounds once it is loaded with 250 Gallons! I put 300 litres in mine last night, I'm thankful that we might have the same range but it would take me twice as long to get where we are going. http://cdn.denisonyachtsales.com/boat-guide-pdfs/Grady-White 265 Express.pdf

Yup, almost any 26 foot boat with new dual power is going to be that much on a trailer. There was a steal of deal up north somewhere Prince Rupert maybe a 24 foot Proline, I think, with new dual 200's Yamaha's but it likely wasn't in the same class of hull or something was wrong with it. Almost impossible to get a well built Aluminum or good brand name fibreglass with new 600hp outboard power on a trailer for anything less than $90,000 USD, maybe until this winter goes further to **** but the rich have stayed rich and I've stayed out of bankruptcy so no fire sales yet! Yes you can find a couple boats just as big with 4strokes, you know who in Sooke and Surrey sell them but never with the investment of rigged new power. Not sure if this is the same hull we are discussing in my link below but I think it is, wicked if you have gas money... PS I can help you tow it in exchange for Tuna trip, my F350 barely feels my little 25.5 foot boat but would love the strain of 10-12k pounds once it is loaded with 250 Gallons! I put 300 litres in mine last night, I'm thankful that we might have the same range but it would take me twice as long to get where we are going. http://cdn.denisonyachtsales.com/boat-guide-pdfs/Grady-White 265 Express.pdf
Yeah I looked at that robalo in terrace from a distance (believe that's the boat your referring to). The yams were 2016 and had high hours. It was a guide boat so it had been worked for some years and the trailer was a years trailer at best the fellow admitted. It appeared to be in ok shape but it was a mid 90s with old electronics and had seen a ton of fish.. add a new trailer, electronics, and flip the power and you've got an even older hull with a couple thousand days for 100k.

That is the hull specs. The 265 is a tank of a 26. I fished on one once and the design was great for fishing. nice to have some cover for more than 2 people like unlike most grady layouts. Sat beautifully and ran into it very well. Did the typical grady bow steer in a trailing sea if your not paying attention but that's expected.

Yup that was
Came down 200k on price. Looks nice
Time for the northwest who built this discussion! What ever happened to that wicked looking 30 footish aluminum cigaret racing style, sports fishing boat that the plumber on Crease used to own. Had twin 250 two stroke Yami's that was a steal of a deal. Custom boats are sure an acquired taste. Makes that Grady look like a bargain!

Yup that was

Time for the northwest who built this discussion! What ever happened to that wicked looking 30 footish aluminum cigaret racing style, sports fishing boat that the plumber on Crease used to own. Had twin 250 two stroke Yami's that was a steal of a deal. Custom boats are sure an acquired taste. Makes that Grady look like a bargain!
That big aluminum cigarette looking boat is sitting on blocks at Westshore marine in metchosin doesn’t have power on it anymore just a bare hull I’m not sure what their doing with it.

Shame to see such a nice boat with so little use. Like new shape but still 12 years old, how much is a new one?
Last year when I was deciding between a Campion 542 and a Eagle 185, I was quoted at Sherwood 54k taxes in for their base 185 package (no kicker, electronics)

Last year when I was deciding between a Campion 542 and a Eagle 185, I was quoted at Sherwood 54k taxes in for their base 185 package (no kicker, electronics)
That double comes with about 8k in add ons.

Older double eagle 11k

Back