Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade / Wanted Forum' started by kingblazer84, Aug 5, 2017.

1. BCRingo

BCRingo Well-Known Member

2. kaelc

kaelc Well-Known Member

Budget 10k-4K for a new trailer but totally worth it. First thing to head south in a recession the price of boats?

3. Sotally Tober

Sotally Tober Active Member

4. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

5. triplenickel

triplenickel Well-Known Member

6. NDT

NDT Active Member

I thought I seemed cheap at first. Concerned it’s underpowered, 90 hp. Thoughts?? I could be wrong

7. noluck

noluck Well-Known Member

it would need minimum a 115

NDT likes this.
  8. uclueletcharters

uclueletcharters Well-Known Member

90hp would go good, a sea trial will put that to rest. Those aluminums are light.

Aquaholic likes this.
  9. noluck

noluck Well-Known Member

there 18' has a max hp of 150

10. triplenickel

triplenickel Well-Known Member

I've been tossing around the idea of an upgrade I have a similar boat but way more loaded, higher hours, 90 main, kicker etc and was curious what guys thought of this. Trying to get a feel for where I'd price mine.

11. ryanb

ryanb Well-Known Member

60 HP.... underpowered for sure. Look at the big hydrofoil, probably couldn't get it on step.

12. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Absolutely will get on plane. The 18' boats Bridgeview makes for the lodges are 1/4 bottom and 3/16 side thickness (very heavy) and they only used 75 hp motors for years and with 3 people they worked fine. They did move to 90's later. The boat in question is a lightweight with not a lot of V to the hull, so it will plane with an even smaller engine.

13. trophywife

trophywife Crew Member

underpowered. I have lodge boat with a 60 and it sucks. needs a 90.

14. noluck

noluck Well-Known Member

there is a big difference between under powered,and just getting on plane. if your goal is just to get on plane it is under powered, you should have lots in reserve to out run weather, or climb waves if need be

Rain City and brutus like this.
  15. kaelc

kaelc Well-Known Member

With a 90 and a kicker it will be worth more than what that one sells for. Mid 20’s depending on condition and exact model. 16 foot low 20 and 18 foot high 20’s. Garage kept vs in need of a detail will effect the price, things like canvas last about 10 years in the open.

triplenickel likes this.
  16. Drink

Drink Well-Known Member

BCRingo likes this.
  17. N2013

N2013 Active Member

Ya definitely on the high side a bit. It is a 150 and most boats in that size have a 115. But ya, no kicker is a kick in the nuts at that price. I’d say more 28000. I’d imagine it’d include a Bimini as well. If posting stuff to sell, it’s best to be clear & exact as to what is included and show a picture of the boat fully decked out.

18. Drink

Drink Well-Known Member

I was comparing the value against what I sold my 1999 Campion 622 WA with a 4.3 Volva Penta with 450 hours which also included a 9.9 merc 4 stroke kicker . This was in 2010 and sold for $19k. Still a great boat but I see the boat has been on CL for about a month.
    Agree totally on being precise with what your selling with lots of pictures and what is included with the boat. If serious about selling the window to sell quickly, closes quickly so spend the time to do it right. That man cave got a be worth a couple $$$ just for a look see.

19. Damien

Damien Well-Known Member

I would look elsewhere than that 17' with the 60hp. 13 years old (low hours noted), no kicker, $23K and borderline power? No thanks. Maybe for $15K...

trophywife and alumaman like this.
  20. RogersonCrusoe

RogersonCrusoe Well-Known Member

And those are old pictures. There's snow outside the garage - and the ad was posted a month ago.