Boat Launches Open/Closed

93714030_3718814318135822_7692297022820319232_o.jpg

Not happy about the way rocky point is open I live ten min away and can’t use b/c I live in Coquitlam. Anyone know how much a season pass is.

Annual boat launch passes
COVID-19 UPDATE: Annual boat launch passes are not available for purchase until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

You can purchase an annual boat launch and parking pass from the Recreation Complex located at 300 Ioco Rd. Annual passes cost:

• $165.85 + tax for Port Moody and Burnaby residents
  • $290.95 + tax for non-residents
To get the resident rate you must provide your:

• driver's licence (licence and registration need to match)
  • vehicle registration
Each resident is only eligible for one boat launch pass.

Not happy about the way rocky point is open I live ten min away and can’t use b/c I live in Coquitlam. Anyone know how much a season pass is.

Do you have a friend that lives in Port Moody?
It will save you a few bucks if that friend buys it for you, just give them your license plate info to put down when they register.
Maybe it’s changed these days but a buddy of mine did that a few years ago. His friend bought the pass and saved some $$.

So if you live in Port Moody or paid the city for an annual launch pass you're suddenly immune from spreading coronavirus? I guess it's time to move there.

Getting close to putting the boat in the water for the summer but now hearing Coast Guard has asked Sidney to close the Tulista ramp on May 1st.

Golf courses reopening and boat ramps closing. Not sure I follow the logic. I guess the argument is that it’s easier to close her right down as opposed to enforcing personal distancing. Hmmmm seems more like a DFO initiative given the solution.

Outrageous, I see non family members sharing golf carts on the golf course, yet I can't take my poor kids who have been couped up in the house for 2 months out on the boat?

The coast guard is an essential service, suck it up and do their job. What's next, is the fire department going to ask we stop cooking our food lest they have to respond to a house fire started by a stove? Case loads are low, especially in the island. Talk about making an issue where none exists!

Do you have a friend that lives in Port Moody?
It will save you a few bucks if that friend buys it for you, just give them your license plate info to put down when they register.
Maybe it’s changed these days but a buddy of mine did that a few years ago. His friend bought the pass and saved some $$.

how about just paying what us Port Moody residents already get taxed for? our boat launch.

Not surprised. I have feeling this has to do more to people not complying, and also not enough resources too enforce the guidelines. Wrecks it for everyone complying. So shutting it down at source makes it easier.

On other news it is only temporary, and won't be forever.

Last edited:
Just a head scratcher here.

No keeping fish, no launching boats. I give up. Talk about a guy who picked the wrong time to fall in love with fishing.

Congratulations to those who can financially afford marina usage. It’s sad that the freedom to enjoy the Pacific Ocean can be rented by the foot.

Back