Blown transmission seals

Raab

Give me ideas please on how to remove this nut from rear coupler to access transmission seal

Its a from a velvet drive 10-17-004

Attachments

• 20180625_194500-1200x1600.jpg
    20180625_194500-1200x1600.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 57
put a couple long bolts in the hub, use a long sturdy screwdriver or rod jammed between the bolts and floor of the boat to hold the hub from spinning. Use a thinwall socket on the nut with a breaker bar or ratchet... may want to spray the nut and hub with some penetrating oil first....

put a couple long bolts in the hub, use a long sturdy screwdriver or rod jammed between the bolts and floor of the boat to hold the hub from spinning. Use a thinwall socket on the nut with a breaker bar or ratchet... may want to spray the nut and hub with some penetrating oil first....

Do I have to remove the rest of the propeller shaft or do i have enough room?

hard to say but it looks like you should have enough room there. Put the socket on the nut first and try to put the ratchet or breaker bar on the socket once it's in place. Or you could use a longer deep socket and grab the outside of the socket with a pipe wrench if there isn't room the other way. looks like enough room from your picture though...

Back