Best day of fishing of my LIFE!!!! take a look:)

Can this thread be forwarded to the minister responsible?

Pointless.....they are concerned with whales and the mass impact that sportfishermen/women are having on their plight. Asian crab poachers will make the minister say something stupid about "due process"; the guys with boots on the ground care more than the Minister.

Wait - the RCMP / DFO put together a sting operation that night? By 'They did drop off the crabs' do you mean the RCMP / DFO?

This is what I was talking about earlier.
They seize the crab, sell the legal crabs to a legitimate buyer and then seize the proceeds of the sale.

DFO officers will be preparing a Report to Crown Counsel, a binder with all the details and evidence and then the Public Prosecution Service of Canada, through a crown counsel or ad hoc crown counsel will review and make a decision whether there is a likely chance of successful prosecution. If CC decides there is, then the charges are approved and the case moves forward.

Saw something come across the ticker on the morning news today. Something about the crab poacher also being intoxicated. Just keeps getting better.

I watched a video today of a Sooke resident trying to educate a couple with a bucket full of under sized and female Crabs. That reminded me of this Thread and I wonder if the poachers were ever punished?
I saw the video on Facebook but I think it is on Utube
People who disregard the regulations make me very unhappy!!!

Curious, any updates on how the prosecution went? Sure be nice to see a big example made of these idiots.

Hope they kept the boat, trailer, truck and the cloths of their backs, but in reality they probable got a $100 dollar fine and set on his way ...... Would be great to hear how it all folded out ...
Good job Andrew ......

Hope they kept the boat, trailer, truck and the cloths of their backs, but in reality they probable got a $100 dollar fine and set on his way ...... Would be great to hear how it all folded out ...
Good job Andrew ......

100.00 per infraction would be right!!

Back