All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Blackface leader has **** the bed on a vaccine. My doctor says we will be lucky to have 8% of the population vaccinated by END of March. Mean while the USA & UK will be kicking off vaccine roll outs in 2 weeks. With millions of doses in December alone.

That @$$hole proroged parliament when he should have been working for us. He is more worried about fake climate change and destroying capitalism in our country.

Everyone loved to dump on Trump but he is the reason the USA has vaccines and an economy that will be roaring back way ahead of us. The media said no way we would see vaccines this year....

The federal government is the reason we will be stuck in this **** show longer than any other western country. The private sector and small businesses owners will be a endangered species in this country. That is were the anger needs to be pointed.
That loser has been so slow to react from day 1. For God's sake Mexico will be distributing the vaccine by mid December

A real life Covid example of a young man right here in Sooke!!
“COVID-19 is as scary as hell.”
“Unbearable aches accompany my fever, which just jumped from low grade to 39C and persistent chills now violently shake my body.”

I am somewhat confused?

Why when an individual or group chooses not to follow BC Dr Henry's recommendations, restrictions and what to do's are they ridiculed, called names and "smeared" yet every night on the news I see/hear the BC teachers demanding that Dr Henry implements "THEIR" ideas and rules for schools. All have clearly stated on here and across the world that she is the expert and has done an outstanding job. Teachers understand pandemics better?

Am I missing something? We all agree shut up and do as told, teachers don't understand that? Or maybe they are pushing their agenda??

HM

Last edited:
I am somewhat confused?

Why when an individual or group chooses not follow BC Dr Henry's recommendations, restrictions and what to do's are they ridiculed, called names and "smeared" yet every night on the news I see/hear the BC teachers demanding that Dr Henry implements "THEIR" ideas and rules for schools. All have clearly stated on here and across the world that she is the expert and has done an outstanding job. Teachers understand pandemics better?

Am I missing something? We all agree shut up and do as told, teachers don't understand that? Or maybe they are pushing their agenda??

HM
Their agenda sure would call for more teachers in that archaic union. Hmmmmn.

Not to say it's any different from other unions in that way lol.

I’m an RN when the paramedics show up on my floor for patients or with patients they always have on industrial N95’s with cartridges.

To the bigger picture of the pandemic. At the best of times we don’t have enough rooms and staff to run our hospitals properly. The current pandemic will devastate the healthcare system if even 10% of staff get it, especially when combined with the increased patient flow. Please where a mask (I do it for 12hrs with maybe 15mins of eating drinking time)
and keep your social outings few and far between.

And of course wash and sanitize your hands

Their agenda sure would call for more teachers in that archaic union. Hmmmmn.

Not to say it's any different from other unions in that way lol.
I do agree, all my life I have supported the teachers, they hold a major "key" to the future of most young Canadians minds and must be treated as such, yes there should be many more, better pay and benefits and yes I could organize where those funds would come from. They do a job I could never do or want to do. I know a few and all are the most dedicated people with a true love of what they do. I have no negativity towards them, just pointing out what I see as different treatment for the same thing by our media?? Another point of Covid that makes NO sense.

HM

I do agree, all my life I have supported the teachers, they hold a major "key" to the future of most young Canadians minds and must be treated as such, yes there should be many more, better pay and benefits and yes I could organize where those funds would come from. They do a job I could never do or want to do. I know a few and all are the most dedicated people with a true love of what they do. I have no negativity towards them, just pointing out what I see as different treatment for the same thing by our media?? Another point of Covid that makes NO sense.

HM
My sister in law and her husband are both teachers in Surrey. I wouldn’t say they know more than Dr Henry, just like a few In this thread dont know more than the medical professionals. They’re just trying to stay safe. If you really do know a teacher ask them the situation. They will tell you they are dealing daily with the masses of misinformation that parents are feeding their kids. Imagine if you had to deal with dozens of people a day. At least a few of which were raised by parents that shouldn’t be allowed to have a dog let alone be raising children. “My Dad says we don’t need a mask”, “my mom says covid is a conspiracy to take trump down” or any of the dozens of other “why I’m special and dont have to excuses”. Myself, I think Dr Henry Is a little too soft. She should be clear and consise and a lot more strict than she has been. Nomore of this regional crap. Whatever restrictions implemented should be province wide. But I also think Tardo should’ve been a lot more heavy handed at the beginning. Shouldve been nation wide recommendations from the start. Not piecemeal like it is now. Should’ve also totally locked down the entire country for two weeks. Jail for 14 days anybody that was out on the street. It would’ve been tough I admit but not as tough as dragging this thing out for months or maybe even a year or more has or will be. The whole point is moot anyways. Look to the states and were living beside the epicentre of the worlds virus cases. At least Trudeau got that right. Keeping the border closed. I just wish our provincial governments would’ve done the same

Last edited:
Well it was sure a great summer & I am so grateful I was able to enjoy it. The places I went & time spent with great pepole.
We were lucky that we all had that oprotunity.

I am trying to stay positive. I think of the summer we just had and how it was everyones hard work that allowed that to happen. We can get there again.

Everyone is angry and frustrated. My daily emotions seems to flood & ebb like the tide. I hate how angry at each other we can get. Everyone handles stress differently and will react differently to the emotions at the time. Tens of thousands of years of evolution have made us the humans we are today. Those evolutionary forces in each of our DNA is what causes us to be who we are and how we respond. This cant divide us & cause us to turn on each other. We all share this country together and need to try to accommodate other pepoles views and divide ourselves into different groups. If we only surround ourselves with pepole of the exact same mind set, then history shows the path society will take. It's never good..

Man, I look at the pepole I am fortunate enough to call friends & they are such a diverse group. That's what brings balance to persons life.

I value & respect everyones opinions on this thread. At times I may not agree & be more challenging then what is needed. For that I am sorry. But it is these conversations and differing opinions that I will sit back later and digest. These conversations have made me look at this differently and I hope more well rounded in my thoughts.

When discussions get heated just remember that we are stressed & trying the best we can.

Josh

My sister in law and her husband are both teachers in Surrey. I wouldn’t say they know more than Dr Henry, just like a few In this thread dont know more than the medical professionals. They’re just trying to stay safe. If you really do know a teacher ask them the situation. They will tell you they are dealing daily with the masses of misinformation that parents are feeding their kids. Imagine if you had to deal with dozens of people a day. At least a few of which were raised by parents that shouldn’t be allowed to have a dog let alone be raising children. “My Dad says we don’t need a mask”, “my mom says covid is a conspiracy to take trump down” or any of the dozens of other “why I’m special and dont have to excuses”. Myself, I think Dr Henry Is a little too soft. She should be clear and consise and a lot more strict than she has been. Nomore of this regional crap. Whatever restrictions implemented should be province wide. But I also think Tardo should’ve been a lot more heavy handed at the beginning. Shouldve been nation wide recommendations from the start. Not piecemeal like it is now. Should’ve also totally locked down the entire country for two weeks. Jail for 14 days anybody that was out on the street. It would’ve been tough I admit but not as tough as dragging this thing out for months or maybe even a year or more has or will be. The whole point is moot anyways. Look to the states and were living beside the epicentre of the worlds virus cases. At least Trudeau got that right. Keeping the border closed. I just wish our provincial governments would’ve done the same
I so agree. I also wished Turdo would have been more heavy handed at first and maybe we would be looking better

Not saying I agree with your paint the country with the same brush martial law thoughts, or that Dr Henry is soft, its 2020 with his dictatorship at the helm. My teacher friends are saying exactly what you stated but in a different way. Possibly due to geographical area, this area voted high NDP numbers. One teacher just found out one of her students was positively exposed from the Childs parents thru twitter, she and the rest of the teachers with her are frustrated that there is NO direction and or especially communication from her Union, bosses or BC doctors and they are relying on students parents for details. Also protocols for schools do not align with public recommendations. Does seam confused. But it is the first plandemic ever so expected.

HM

I so agree. I also wished Turdo would have been more heavy handed at first and maybe we would be looking better
Believe me, you really don’t want to give any politician that kind of authority over people’s lives, especially the ones that have already proved their incompetency.
Look at the countries with poorest human rights records and they’re all stuck in this Covid thing like fried sh*t. If authority and forcefulness was the solution, those would’ve had it all dealt with already. Politicians know di*k about managing a pandemic and the economic disaster that comes with it because none of them have seen this before. It’s to all of us ordinary citizens to keep a cool head and use some common sense until this thing is all over.

Not saying I agree with your paint the country with the same brush martial law thoughts, or that Dr Henry is soft, its 2020 with his dictatorship at the helm. My teacher friends are saying exactly what you stated but in a different way. Possibly due to geographical area, this area voted high NDP numbers. One teacher just found out one of her students was positively exposed from the Childs parents thru twitter, she and the rest of the teachers with her are frustrated that there is NO direction and or especially communication from her Union, bosses or BC doctors and they are relying on students parents for details. Also protocols for schools do not align with public recommendations. Does seam confused. But it is the first plandemic ever so expected.

HM
No worries Halimark. I agree that my opinion is pretty martial. But it’s just an opinion. And I don’t really think Covid cares if your a liberal, conservative or NDP....it’s an equal opportunity virus. Take a minute and think about it though. Would you rather have given up 2 weeks of hard time locked up at home? Or is this never ending saga of infections and reinfections and flare ups here there and everywhere really better for the economy? The way this is playing out, in 6 months we’re going to be exactly where we are now. Or worse, it could be a year from now or longer before we finally get a vaccine to everyone. Not sure how many small businesses can absorb months more of this. Pretty confidant that most could’ve handled two weeks.

Believe me, you really don’t want to give any politician that kind of authority over people’s lives, especially the ones that have already proved their incompetency.
Look at the countries with poorest human rights records and they’re all stuck in this Covid thing like fried sh*t. If authority and forcefulness was the solution, those would’ve had it all dealt with already. Politicians know di*k about managing a pandemic and the economic disaster that comes with it because none of them have seen this before. It’s to all of us ordinary citizens to keep a cool head and use some common sense until this thing is all over.

hmmm check out Viet nam. Compare them to the United States. It’s right there in black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back