Advice on kingfisher 1825 falcon

matt benson

Looking for people's advice and fish ability on a king fisher 1825 falcon. Looking to get it with a 115. I fish both fresh and salt. Wondering how it will handle fishing areas like nanaimo, French Creek, China Creek, Nootka. Not really going to be going off shore but still want to be able to fish three people.

The problem with those little aluminum boats is they ride terrible in a chop. Once you are trolling they are pretty nice to fish out of but unless you are retired and can pick your days I wouldn't buy one. I had an aluminum bigger than that and it had air ride seats and it was still ******.

3 people would be the max to fish I think. It will work fine cheap on fuel and easy to clean. I don't know the price range but u should look at the silverstreak race rocks models . Chris a inlet has a nice one right now

I run a 19ft harbourcraft and have for years out of kitimat and Rupert. Its easy to haul, maintain and fuel. I can fish this boat by myself or a few buddies. The most I will fish off it is 4 guys. I have a 115 yammy on it and it is super fuel efficient.
Downside of this boat is like Thunder said, they pound pretty hard in the chop but if you don't mind a rough ride then you'll be fine. We used to regularly run 80 miles to the end of Douglas channel to fish. Now that i have a few kids the boat isnt ideal for us anymore but if your looking for a day tripper boat thats great on fuel and will get you to the fishing grounds fast, its perfect. Just gotta watch the weather.

You could fish 4, I would recommend replacing a bench seat with a cooler, with a cushion and budget in $500 for tractor/eBay suspension seats or $1000 for dealer seats, if you must fish days with chop. I sure like them on my 18' Hewescraft with a 115 and would have not trouble fishing those spots plus Swiftsure and the west coast on reasonable days. My brother has the 1925 and loves it.

I also have an 1825 Harbercraft with a 115. It is a great boat, but as already mentioned it does pound in a chop. I simply pick my days most times. I have taken it offshore on the west coast many times. After traveling over 30 miles a day in the chop you better believe my back was sore. However I've always felt safe in it as it is a very stable seaworthy boat. Light, easy to handle by myself, super fuel efficient, but that all the positives comes at a price. The do pound.

You could fish 4, I would recommend replacing a bench seat with a cooler, with a cushion and budget in $500 for tractor/eBay suspension seats or $1000 for dealer seats, if you must fish days with chop. I sure like them on my 18' Hewescraft with a 115 and would have not trouble fishing those spots plus Swiftsure and the west coast on reasonable days. My brother has the 1925 and loves it.

I bolted a basic folding plastic Canadian tire seat to my cooler with a swivel, works good. Tractor Supply had the suspension seats for about $100 each.

I have a hewescraft 180 sportsman with a 90hp, no problem with 4 men fishing and cruising. My wife and I and three older girls no problem pretty good for room and get around the gulf islands fine or big lakes. As everyone says they can be noisy and pound a bit on choppy days. Hauls really good up and down the coquihalla, dragging it to Nootka in August!! Love the boat

I had a Harbercraft 1825 with an offshore bracket and I was very happy with the boat, lost of room and good fuel economy with a 140 Suzuki.

Back