23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
What is your engine setup going to be? I am surprised you only have one fuel pick-up

O geeze, poop! You know what, you are right, I totally forgot, I planned on two, dang I will get another added, thank you for the reminder LOL

I have to shut down the bedroom reno, its clouding/distracting my boat planing... haha

Last edited:
You might want to add a third for the kicker motor...

Na, two is all I will ever need regardless of motor config, thx

Opt 1 - twins and rotate trolling time
Opt 2 - main with kicker

Gonna save ya some time before you put tank in on the pick up tubes you can get a shutoff and barb nipple for your pick up tube as you have to have a fuel shut off at the tank , And a inspection plate right at the tank as per a survey, for insurance purposes ( trust me I know had to redo my tank just for that reason) its a ll in one thing made from cast alum..
Ill ask my buddy when I see him this am where he gets them from. I found what they look like and here is a link for ya...
https://www.marinepartssource.com/marine-parts/fuel-systems/fuel-valves

Twins with kicker.........why would you ever troll your mains....? Unless the seas/wind warrant it......

Hey, If I go with twins, no kicker! my final answer... lol, I’ll leave that expense for my kids or the next owner :)

May ppl don’t understand me and I’m ok with that :D lol

without this getting into a debate of why or why nots lets cross that bridge when the time comes...

thx Wolf for the valve info, let me know if you have a source, I’ll try Poco as well.

Get a kicker with those twins.... the maintenance cost alone will pay for that kicker so fast.... when the kicker is done sell and buy another. I think people are crazy that don’t do that but again just my opinion. If you put in lots of days fishing then that’s the way to go. It’s not like your big coast or reel west coast getting brand new motors every year. Look at all the charter outfits with twins they all have kickers.

Get a kicker with those twins.... the maintenance cost alone will pay for that kicker so fast.... when the kicker is done sell and buy another. I think people are crazy that don’t do that but again just my opinion. If you put in lots of days fishing then that’s the way to go. It’s not like your big coast or reel west coast getting brand new motors every year. Look at all the charter outfits with twins they all have kickers.

Guys, please keep in mind that this boat will be residing in Salmon Arm and used on the interior lakes for the most part with the exception of one or two weekend fishing trips to the coast... if i find I will be spending more and more time, my hopes, prayers and dreams, on coastal waters then I will proceed with kicker if I go with twins, i'm still not sure if i am going to go this route or just stay with a single. I will have to weight pros and cons and balance the bank account :eek: when ready haha

Dry fit test, fits like a glove, will pressure test and apply coal tar epoxy asap... got to apply another coat or 2 of gel-coat in coffin as well before install.

2 x 2" ports epoxied in place for hoses and wires, they need to be sanded and cleaned up :)

IMG_8514.jpeg IMG_8515.jpeg IMG_8516.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, If I go with twins, no kicker! my final answer... lol, I’ll leave that expense for my kids or the next owner :)
Fair enough man. It’s always fun spending someone else imaginary money! I’m completely refitting a hull I bought right now. I live in Victoria. Can’t imagine not having a kicker! But I’ll be trolling everyday that it’s open! And the weather cooperates!

Very efficient I might add. Didn't you just get the tank yesterday. Great job

yes sir, picked it up yesterday after lunch...

Fair enough man. It’s always fun spending someone else imaginary money! I’m completely refitting a hull I bought right now. I live in Victoria. Can’t imagine not having a kicker! But I’ll be trolling everyday that it’s open! And the weather cooperates!

Start a build thread...:cool:

Guys, please keep in mind that this boat will be residing in Salmon Arm and used on the interior lakes for the most part with the exception of one or two weekend fishing trips to the coast... if i find I will be spending more and more time, my hopes, prayers and dreams, on coastal waters then I will proceed with kicker if I go with twins, i'm still not sure if i am going to go this route or just stay with a single. I will have to weight pros and cons and balance the bank account :eek: when ready haha
I troll on my twins and love it!

O geeze, poop! You know what, you are right, I totally forgot, I planned on two, dang I will get another added, thank you for the reminder LOL

I have to shut down the bedroom reno, its clouding/distracting my boat planing... haha

just run it to a filter with multi outlets on the filter body, shut off for each.. my racor has one inlet, three outlets.

Back