2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished the freighters yesterday morning and got my limit of two in short order. 62cm and 65cm hatchery. Both had an abundance of juvenile herring in their bellies. A buddy was out at the same time who landed one also. The amount of bait balls was really surprising.

To my surprise I didn’t get sealed on either fish because there were a lot of them around. But they must have been busy with other stuff. I’ve never seen this before but I think they were hunting as a pack. At one point about 20 of them swimming tightly together passed in front of me and then all dove together.

My buddy went out again today but saw no bait balls and had no bites.

Fished the freighters yesterday morning and got my limit of two in short order. 62cm and 65cm hatchery. Both had an abundance of juvenile herring in their bellies. A buddy was out at the same time who landed one also. The amount of bait balls was really surprising.

To my surprise I didn’t get sealed on either fish because there were a lot of them around. But they must have been busy with other stuff. I’ve never seen this before but I think they were hunting as a pack. At one point about 20 of them swimming tightly together passed in front of me and then all dove together.

My buddy went out again today but saw no bait balls and had no bites.

Great report, what was the program, all spoons all the time? Im heading out to Tunstall tomorrow, see how it goes.

Great report, what was the program, all spoons all the time? Im heading out to Tunstall tomorrow, see how it goes.

Skinny G Homeland Security hit my two fish. Had the Skinny G Bonchovy on the other side but no hits there. My buddy hit his on an antique silver spoon.

Surprisingly shallow. All 3 fish were caught on the bottom b/w 55’-70’. Nothing west of the first mile marker. But there was a ton of bait and they were all in balls. Every 2-3 minutes there was a new ball on the screen. Most were fairly small but some were very large.

Last edited:
Waterfall one JUST under at 240 on a chartreuse double glow and AP sandlance.

Nice seeing you out there today Rain City. We started in Tunstall for a couple of hours. Not much action. So moved to the waterfall area. Had a nice one on just off bottom about 160 but alas. Prawning was great if we were after shrimp. But alas ;)
Beautiful day however on glass water with great company.

Fished in Tunstall yesterday caught one keeper on the way into the bay then 4 other undersize in the bay and lost a possible keeper to a seal. Everything hit on homeland security lures near the bottom and all caught within 90minutes after the low slack then it went dead. Our first real success in Tunstall and a great day to be on the water - calm seas and no wind.

I fished the first mile marker for Monday's afternoon slack. So much bait!! Had 5 unders and 1- 66 cm. Got the keeper at 57' in 110' of water as the bait was moving up as it got darker . Glad I walked away from the reno and got that beautiful afternoon in before this rain!! Three different 3.5 glow spoons worked. My tom macs and diamond lances did not.... but probably would have! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back