2020 Ucluelet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recent reports from Ukee? Hoping to get my little sister into a few springs this weekend. I'm wondering if anyone has fished flo or Wya... are the squid still in a flo?
Thx

Springs are still loaded with squid, a reddish purple and white colour. I didn't have anything to match but the white and green hoochie seemed to be working just fine.

Arrived at Ukee July 27. Started early in the morning on July 28. Went out to big bank. Stayed there for an hour. 2 guests got really sick after an hour. Didn't get anything. Went to Meares Bluff, fished from 9 to 2pm. After 5 to 6 shakers, sea calmed down. Went to Lighthouse Bank, got a 10# spring for the day.
July 29, hit Florencia Bay at first light, got a 21# springs within 5 minutes of dropping the line. Another bite after 10 minutes but did not stick. Trolled until 8:30am. No bite, went to Turtle Head, lots of coho, got 5 hatch ho and 6 springs before 4pm. Between 8 to 20#. Mostly in their teens. Called it the day.
July 30, had to catch the 3:55 pm ferry back to Vancouver, so only fished Turtle Head from 6 to 9am. Not as active as the day before. O my got an 8# springs until 8:45. Thinking of packing up. Got a bite, whole rod bent, start peeling lines. Have a rooky net minder on board. When fish was closed to the boat, he dipped the net quickly in the water and scared the fish and it went from one side of the boat to the other. After a few minutes of struggling, managed to land a 22# spring. Had to pack up after that. The springs were all caught with white hoochies.
Will be back to Ukee on August 3.

Friday night was at South Bank. Had a good size one grab the brown turd at 80ft and shot straight up out of the water and spit it out. Ended the evening with a low teens Chinook on white glow hoochie. Went out again Sat night same spot and not even a sniff.

Last edited:
Coming out mid Aug. Will be fishing out front on my Kayak around lighthouse/amphitheater. Whats a general go to set up for salmon in the area and how far out would I have to go for Halibut (if possible)
Also is there anything inside the bay?

Jigs from a kayak would work, so would a flasher and anchovy, glow hootchie, or small spoon, and so would a cutplug in tight where others don't go much. There can be salmon at the mouth of the harbour and Beg Island area. Don't know about the bay itself.
I got a nice hali in August in Felice Channel once and seem to remember posts about them in the structure near the lighthouse/red can. Search posts by Enniburg from 4-10 years back.

Seems fairly slow for us so far the last couple of days. Weather hadn’t made it any easier. Anyone else having any luck?

I'm coming out week after next and never fished there before, what are the go to colors for the area so I can stock up ?

I know one successful person who mostly fishes with glow white hootchies from needlefish to turd size/ or irish cream spoons in coho killer, skinny G, and then bigger yet. Plus your favourite bait head. I like the white crushed/glow or purple gold/glow flasher.

Got a couple at south banks. Lots of smaller springs in one spot and lots of wild coho in another.

Keep at em Kevin you guys will hit em, a wave of them will pull in for you soon.

Anybody fishing at Ukee? Maybe everybody is too busy landing fish and not reporting?
Will be there next week from Monday to Friday. How is Flo and Wya for early morning bites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back