Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a group trip today so thought "I wonder?" so thought id make a few spring passes lucky for them one boat got 1 and I my guys 2 biggest was 21 lb lb male, season is defiantly winding down ... man did that go FAST ..... couple more trips and then basically a few more in oct for coho.finally im on holidays off to a moose hunt Saturday can hardly wait!!!!!!
70627280_2104195379876465_6481671747828449280_n.jpg

Last edited:
It was pure delightful coho chaos yesterday.
45 minutes of nothing while we got to the spot, followed by 45 minutes of double headers.
We were the farthest boat off shore of secretary, solid chartreuse hoochie / matching flasher and cop car Holly Roller with matching flasher. 65-75 feet in 550-575 fow.

Got our hatcheries, released about a dozen more. Sizes are a bit smaller than I'm used to, but delicious nonetheless.

Rods in at 10, back at the ramp at noon.

Love it. Need it again.

It was pure delightful coho chaos yesterday.
45 minutes of nothing while we got to the spot, followed by 45 minutes of double headers.
We were the farthest boat off shore of secretary, solid chartreuse hoochie / matching flasher and cop car Holly Roller with matching flasher. 65-75 feet in 550-575 fow.

Got our hatcheries, released about a dozen more. Sizes are a bit smaller than I'm used to, but delicious nonetheless.

Rods in at 10, back at the ramp at noon.

Love it. Need it again.

Likewise. Nice action but smaller fish on average.

Was out in Pedder yesterday but the swells were too big for my boat to go up farther - caught a nice hatchery Coho ( 7 lbs ) but other than that pretty slow. Lost a few unknown fish but assume they were also Coho by the way they were fighting. Green Glow anchovy teaser with silver /green flasher. New to the area so still learning the waters.

Swells too big yesterday? You must mean tide at Race Passage.It was glass calm ,shirts off weather yesterday.

Dont know where you were Ray definatlly not shirts off LOL was cold and cloudy, and there was a weird SSW swell out there id say 4 to 6 ft, last 2 days LOTS of coho showing about 1 in 5 is a hatch mint tulip and AP spoons all were working 31 to 80 feet even got a nice 12 hatch rest were smaller by far...
thats it now for me till oct
Going looking for swamp donkeys

Swells too big yesterday? You must mean tide at Race Passage.It was glass calm ,shirts off weather yesterday.
When we were out Wednesday morning, the swells off secretary were very large. Remnants of the big storm from Tuesday.

OOps,I guess his post was for Wednesday not Thursday.I was at Constance yesterday (Thursday) with no shirt,too hot.Still pretty much cookie cutter 4-10 lb. fish for me.I know Sooke can be a different world of weather from in town too from fishing there for many years..Can't say I miss the cold and fog at all,but I do miss getting the odd 25+ lb.fish .

Catching wild today on glow anchovy and green flasher - 150 fow with 75 on the downrigger. nice sizes but too bad they were all wild. Blue/White spoon did well too. Christopher point.

Was out today off the tin shed in 350-400 ft and played close to 30 coho from 630 to 10:30. Kept our 6 hatch with the biggest just over 10 pounds. Lots of doubles, 1 triple, a bit to much action for 3 rods with bait so had to run some hardware. Beauty hot day and flat water. Tried for hali for a couple hours off Muir...nadda, not even a doggy.

tin shed in 350-400 ft and played close to 30 coho from 630 to 10:30.
Yes same as day before I threw all hardware . not rich enough like you rollie to run bait for coho LOL LOL..hopefully this is gonna be a great year for coho!!!!

went for hali today with my buddy Dan the Buttman out at the mudhole - lol that sounds great!!!!! current a little hot !! lines at quite an angle most of day but managed to pick up a 35 lb beauty !! bonus today was we put out a medium cut plug while we were on the pick and managed to pick up a hatchery coho lol !!! great weather lotsa boats out

Just west of the Sooke bluffs. Or about half way between the entrance to Sooke Harbour and Otter Point.

Hope this helps Paul, another fav is below the Trap shack at Bechy Head

Attachments

• 1844236C-7F4C-4FDF-A91D-6C2E44424BA4.png
    1844236C-7F4C-4FDF-A91D-6C2E44424BA4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 141
  • E8F74D9F-DE0C-4750-9E52-F898B4DE0E94.png
    E8F74D9F-DE0C-4750-9E52-F898B4DE0E94.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
Fished 7-10:30 today off the Bedfords in 550-600ft of water. We released the first 6 coho in the 8-10lb range and then finally picked up a 5lb hatchery. Released a few more wilds and managed a couple more hatchery. It's amazing how some boats were only catching hatch fish o_O. The reality hit when DFO was waiting at the docks issuing fines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back