2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. RBL

RBL Active Member

200 a person?? For three nights in Barkley Sound?? It’s a steal. They obviously don’t understand and it’s their loss. I wouldn’t feel bad at all

2. Birdman

Birdman Active Member

I would also add this: if they wanted to do a 3 day vacation to some other remote west coast destination, even NOT including any fishing, would it be possible for less than $200/person? Unless they want to sleep in a tent and eat canned salmon and beef jerky and drink caribou beer, I highly doubt it.

SaltyAlice likes this.
  3. codfather

codfather Crew Member

morganic, you were being more than fair with your offer.

My boat costs me $250 every day I turn the key on with depreciation, maintenance and insurance.

That's not counting fuel, gear and most important BEER.

I have learned that you don't want people like that on your boat anyway.

They get on your boat and the first question is how many of each fish can we keep to get all our limits.

Then they calculate how many pounds it will take to cover the trip.

I am done with people like that as they can stay on land.

Codfather

4. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

That is cheap! If anything you undercharged. People are brutal, and you don't want those types on boat anyway.

kingblazer84 likes this.
  5. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

Nowadays everyone wants something for nothing! :eek::confused::mad:

trophywife and Jwolfe like this.
  6. Fishtofino

Fishtofino Well-Known Member

F him

nicnat, Islander57, Whitebuck and 2 others like this.
  7. Fishtofino

Fishtofino Well-Known Member

Agreed. I have cut out lots of clientele with that price per pound mind set and still get all the charters I want

trophywife likes this.
  8. fishin solo

fishin solo Well-Known Member

^^ what he said. Man some people just don’t get it Some people just have no clue. Tell them to phone a lodge and see what it costs lol

9. wishiniwasfishin1

wishiniwasfishin1 Well-Known Member

I am guessing you would have a long line of great guys from this forum who would gladly do that trip and bring beer and food as well!
    And they would appreciate your effort. Thats just lame.

10. morganic

morganic Active Member

Thanks for replies guys. I knew I was being fair. The weekend was gonna cost me more than they would pay. My buddys choked cuz he knows the cost and the experience it would be. I told him to grow some balls and leave them behind and we'll fish hard all weekend. Says his wife would be choked. No balls. I didn't even tell my wife I was buying a place in bamfield until after it was done
    TBH. She did know I was thinking about it. My balls aren't that big.

trophywife and el.Pereh like this.
  11. John s

John s Crew Member

You’ll have a better time fishing with out them. They probably just bitch about the weather and the waters to rough, on and on. A guy doesn’t need that kind of negativity on his boat . Have a good weekend.

nicnat, Islander57 and morganic like this.
  12. Fish Camp

Fish Camp Well-Known Member

They say a friend is a gift you give yourself.fool me once shame on you ,fool me twice shame on me.there is never a third time as I only choose to count my true friends on one hand.

Chuck, Islander57 and John s like this.
  13. Olde School

Olde School Well-Known Member

Amen Fishtofino

14. bottom feeder

bottom feeder Active Member

message me !!!!!! i ll come up and go fishing with you lol for that price

15. morganic

morganic Active Member

Thanks. You're all right. On a positive note.
    Got up here around 1. Picked up my new Sounder breakers installed. Picked up my boat from the seabeam dock and got settled at my place across the inlet. Power nap then out on the water for low tide. Headed to Kirby where I had just got second rod down and first rod went off. Decent spring about 10lbs that took some line and gave a bit of a fight. I hadn't even put net together yet so as I was holding it behind boat figuring out my options it spit the hook. Reset that rod and got a small one on the other. About 20 mins later a double header. Played the one that popped the clip and boated an 8lb hatch that was bleeding. The other was a small.
    Both would be keeper springs were caught at 48 ft on green nickel skinny g. Smalls caught at 57 on sardine spoon. Gonna give my first go at halibut tomorrow.

16. Sea.P.P.

Sea.P.P. Member

You should have told them it was Canadian money

RBL likes this.
  17. John s

John s Crew Member

Sea.p.p. You heading over to the nook this weekend

18. Sea.P.P.

Sea.P.P. Member

No did not like the forecast so making a long weekend next week Thursday to sunday

willydw likes this.
  19. sir-vivor

sir-vivor Well-Known Member

One hell of a good deal Morgan ! Guys like that u dont need , you ever want a fishing partner , give me a text and I'll be there for 500 bucks for 3 days ...Damn if I wasn't working today I'd be at your dock right now with 5 brown ones...Damn people just dont realize .....Hope u get out and enjoy anyway Bro ...See ya in Jun

20. Sea.P.P.

Sea.P.P. Member

Anything happening on the water