2018 Nanaimo Reports

Discussion in '2018 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2018.

1. ExFlyGuy

ExFlyGuy Well-Known Member

BDCBB78A-BA55-402C-9BE8-11547BA929D5.jpeg Serauxmen derby is just 2 weeks away! Any of you guys going to be fishing in it this year?

2. RBL

RBL Active Member

Thanks for the report. Nice slab! Hopefully a sign of what’s to come. I think I’ll be out for the derby.

3. Brian Reiber

Brian Reiber Active Member

Beauty fish. I like that cutting board too. Is it a pre fab or did u make it? We're looking for something similar.

4. RBL

RBL Active Member

Not bad weather off the grande. Fishing is slow. Anyone else out?

5. ExFlyGuy

The guys at industrial paints and plastic built it. They can make you one any size you like or you can buy the materials and do it yourself.

6. Brian Reiber

What dimensions is that board and how much did they charge you? I've checked out their starboard before thinking about making it myself. Not cheap stuff.

7. ExFlyGuy

32x20. I went in to price out starboard and they had this one prebuilt for a customer but it was the wrong colour(he ordered black). I paid for the material only $170. Labour to build it would have been another $100. Mounting brackets were another $80 from HC.

8. finaddict

finaddict Well-Known Member

they are easy to build yourself. Copy (2) of Cleaning Table 004.jpg Cleaning Table 007.jpg Ucluelet-2013 017 cmprssd.jpg

9. RBL

RBL Active Member

Fished Grande close to shore for a couple hours without a sniff. Trolled out to the 700 line and had non stop action for 20-30 inch springs. A few smaller coho hitting too. 3.5 inch pink sink and green splatter back hoochie at 137 and 167. Didn’t have to change gear or depth once we found the fish. They were hitting from off grande all the way down Gabriola.

ductility likes this.
  10. RBL

RBL Active Member

Tried to post some pics but it keeps saying the files too big

11. ExFlyGuy

I have to email my pictures to myself. I change the size in the email before I send it. Other wise mine are too big as well.

Big Green Machine likes this.
  12. RBL

RBL Active Member

Thanks. I think I got figured it out

13. RBL

RBL Active Member

14. RBL

RBL Active Member

D356B0DC-4AB7-4BB7-9A3C-5838DC0ED1AA.jpeg Coho with some weird disease

15. Brian Reiber

16. fish brain

fish brain Crew Member

Too bad it is illegal to keep em. It would have been interesting to send it somewhere to be sampled

17. RBL

RBL Active Member

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. My head tells me that it picked it up swimming too close to fish farm

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  18. SpringFever552

SpringFever552 Well-Known Member

Why do you say its a weird diseases?
    From the pic it looks like its got seal marks or net marks(caught before)? Especially the straight scrape marks on ass end and some on side.

Nice pics of a good day out there
    Thanks for sharing

19. RBL

RBL Active Member

I guess maybe it’s hard to tell from the pic but it’s definitely not scars. It almost looked like fungus.

20. Buckethead905

Buckethead905 Active Member

Got out for a solo fish this afternoon when the wind died down around 3. Fished the inside with some decent marks on the sounder but no love. Hit the milk run for a few tacks and gave the wood shampoo to a couple fish, one being around 13-14 pounds, both reds. Saw one other boat out there that picked up their lines and headed for the mainland, wondering how they made out fishing the 1000-1200ft line. Small spoons down deep again.

Attached Files: