2 Islander MR3’s

big.griff

2 - Blue Islander MR3’s in good shape, few nicks. Ported backs. Mounted on Amundson Theron 10’6” rods. Comes with boxes, neoprene cases etc. $1050 in Nanaimo.

Last edited:
Lightness. Good for fly fishing, river fishing, if you have to hold the rod and reel all day.

Makes for lighter reel with the open back, but higher maintenance.

Mine are all ported. Personally I like the looks of them better. It depends on what type of person you are with the maintenance of them. Yes being ported there is the the potential problem with getting crud in them. I don’t find that to be an issue and being ported I can thoroughly rinse them and see if they need greasing etc. And yes they are slightly lighter...

I was just going to say that I’ve had ported and solid and haven’t noticed any difference when I open them up to service in regards to crud inside. I do rinse them off with freshwater after every trip and will even do so daily if I’m moored somewhere with freshwater.

FWIW I own and use both styles and I’ve never noticed any difference in performance, need for/frequency of maintenance or weight. Not sure if they make the ported anymore, or maybe by custom order?

Cheers!

Ukee

Going to bump this back up again. Going to add a pair of Amundson Theron 10’6” rods to go with the reels. $1050 for the pair.

Back