1989 Glendale Motorhome

jeffywestcoast

Anyone looking for a good used RV ???..this is it, 1989 Glendale (ford) 24' new fridge , newer tires , just slight cosmetic damage otherwise great shape,67,000 original kms fuel injected 460 automatic , $6000 the girlfriend and I have decided a travel trailer would better suit our needs026.jpg027.jpg006.jpg005.jpg024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
they lady phoned me three times, finally I tell her to come and see it and she comes out with the "we have just moved to Halifax but would love to buy it and have our shipping company pick it up....lol I had a few choice verbs for her I tell ya....

How is somebody buying this from you through paypal a scam? Certainly sounds scam-ish I'm just wondering how they benefit by sending you $8,000 through paypal.

Can't you accept the payment and hold onto it for X days until its all clear? Not that I'd accept paypal for my RV either just wondering how this scam would work...

Was wondering the same thing.I've had scammers try and do the counterfeit money order/Western Union type crap,but
not Paypal. Although I have had bogus emails claiming to be from Paypal wanting me to update my info and password
but that's a totally different thing.Still smart of you to not to go for it,jeffy.Something seems fishy about someone wanting
to spend that kind of cash without at least looking at it personally.

Most likely stealing someone elses account info, similar to someone using a stolen credit card, but I alway figured it was a scam as soon as someone wants to
buy something sight unseen, full price without a phone call.

Nice RV, my wife would like it but I can't show her the listing as I just tore my boat apart for an outboard conversion!

ya I have sold a few items this summer , boat, outboard, and now RV, this was the first time I actually talked to the person trying to scam me with the paypal scam, I would gladly accept a interact E transfer for it, The paypal scam has been around for awhile and I am not 100% on how it works but I understand that once you get the money it is revoked somehow, and you are left empty handed with no recourse. I will use paypal to buy stuff no problem,if you wanna buy the RV bring cash or Interact E transfer to my account, once I have the money I will sign the transfers and release it to the happy new owner.

Thanks spring fever!, probably take the beast up to the lake for the weekend to an annual trout derby/texashold-em camp-out . :)

That is a nice rig and a great deal too. Would be the ultimate for hauling the boat for weekend fishing trips...

Here's another bit on the Paypal/Craigslist scam...

"There are many variations of the Craigslist/Paypal scam which is why Craigslist’s scam warnings page specifically tells users to NEVER give out Paypal details,, ONLY deal with people who can meet you in person and accept cash only. Not to mention Paypal specifically prohibits ALL transactions with Nigeria.
1 - this article explains the most common version which uses a spoofed email that only looks like it's from Paypal http://consumerist.com/2008/10/30/how-a-...
2 - a version of #1 but the fake Paypal email will be for MORE than you asked for and you will be asked to wire the balance to the "shipper" or some other person through Western Union or Moneygram
3 – you get a spoofed Paypal email asking you to click a link to verify/accept the transaction, and that link leads you to a phishing site that looks exactly like Paypal’s home page but by logging in, you just gave the scammers your account details so they can hack your account and use it to pay for items online
4 - they pay with a hacked Paypal account hoping you ship the item or they or their “mover” or “shipper” pick up the item before the real account holder discovers the theft, reports it to Paypal and Paypal withdraws the money from your account
5- Paypal ONLY protects you if YOU arrange the shipping to the buyer's verified address. Scammers know this but hope you don't. So they pay with their account then either send a "shipper" (scammer using another fake name) to pick up the item or they have you send to a father/son/friend/etc overseas or in another state Then once they have the item or you have sent it, they file a dispute with Paypal claiming their email and Paypal accounts have been hacked and there is an unauthorised transaction. Paypal contacts you asking for proof of delivery to the buyer's verified address. You won't have this as the scammer either picked up from you or shipped to an unverfied address, and Paypal refunds the money and the scammer keeps your item and resells it for cash

And once the scammers have your Paypal account details they will use password hacking software to hack your account to “pay” their next victim

Craigslist is ONLY for face to face CASH transactions of you are always being scammed - NO exceptions. The scammers love to target games consoles, laptops and phones especially"

Thank Big B... the best thing you can do is just refuse paypal all together, if they can get to a computer they can access their bank account, I do it all the time to pay rent,bills n such...this scam must really work good because I have had it offered to me multiple times in the last year so I refuse any purchase requests thru paypal.

Good info here.I wondered how it could work.And coincidentally my last attempted scam was also from a lady named
"Kathy White". These people have absolutely no morals whatsoever.I HATE THIEVES!!!

Back