Search results

1. firelight

Fade to pink

So I put together a pretty nice setup with a shimano technium sturgeon rod and an accurate boss fury 600 extra narrow as a jig rod. Pretty sweet setup. I spooled it up with power pro 80 lb in vermillion, a nice deep red colour. After using it a bit the line has faded to pink. Should I keep...
  2. firelight

Pho

Vietnamese beef noodle soup is usually what this is and I have learned to make it as I can't get it locally and I love it. I decided to keep some cleaned carcasses of halibut and lingcod this year for making a seafood version of the soup. Well it turned out fantastic, thanks to the halibut...
  3. firelight

Leg wanted- 2006 yamaha 90hp 4 stroke.

My mechanic is looking but I thought I'd ask here. I could repair mine but a reasonably priced bolt on unit in good condition would be a good option.
  4. firelight

Winter Harbour area fish processing and shipping

Going to Winter Harbour next week and with any luck will catch some fish, often I will send some of my catch east to my kids. Is there a St Jeans depot near?, I know Hardy Buoys in Port Hardy may be an option, any other ideas?
  5. firelight

People with full inboxes

Trendsetter Wolf Please clear guys incoming.
  6. firelight

Svi?

Quoted from Little Hawk I took this out of Osama's thread cause it was so nice and civilized over there. ------------------- Again, good on you Jeff for this decision to support our fisheries in the best way possible, and for putting it 'out there' to get some ideas from your fishing Bros'...
  7. firelight

Zurtro Lures

Anyone have info regarding Zurtro, the website says they are out of stock on all items and the contact us link has got no response so far. I'd like to get some more spoons for this year. I hope I don't have to buy cheap chinese bendy frickin spoons.
  8. firelight

Winter harbour cabin with dock late June

Anyone know of one that might be available?
  9. firelight

For the wish list

Not sure if anyone has seen this, could go on the wish list. http://www.wimp.com/boatramp/
  10. firelight

Rst mooching reel testing

Looks like a few of us have picked up RST reels of late. As we get to try them out I'd like to hear what others think of them. First impression of the discrete fish alarm is that it's kinda loud, maybe a few fish peeling out will wear those fresh new gears down a bit. I emailed RST about it...
  11. firelight

Smoked peppers

The first batch is in the bowl and the second is loaded in the smoker. These are hot red peppers from a farm nearby and I smoked/dried these in my smoker. Put two of the first batch in the spice grinder, no seeds, and made some chili. They are medium hot with a nice smoky flavor. Two ground up...
  12. firelight

Trophy Tyee QR handle fix

OK so now I know what people have been saying about the handles coming off these reels. I now have one with no handles and the other reel has one. Where are people getting replacement handles? do the replacements have the same threads ? I like the idea of putting the paddle style handles on...
  13. firelight

Ice

Where do I get my cooler filled with ice on my way between Duncan and Port Alberni tomorrow. Or do I go with bags?
  14. firelight

Splicing

After the halibut seminar I wanted to make an anchor setup as I had all I needed except a stainless ring that I bought. I wanted to use some extra prawn ropes I had for the various parts I needed. I had always tied knots like shyte, so I wanted to learn to splice. Google up some videos and...
  15. firelight

Halibut setup

Shimano tld 20 reel, 6'6" halibut rod spooled with 80 lb braid. 1 year old. 200. Obo. I could bring it to the seminar. PM only.
  16. firelight

Barbecued salmon heads

Take your salmon head, Cut it in half lengthwise Then season as you wish, I put BBQ sauce on after like 10 minutes cooking Cook till done, watch the flameups with these oily things Remove and enjoy with a beer, just pick out the meat and chuck the rest. Might be messy
Back