Search results

1. PatD

WTD: Pair of manual downriggers

I could trade a stainless crab trap. Probably do it this weekend. DM me
  2. PatD

What’s the price? Budget depends on condition.
  3. PatD

Looking for a decent set of manual downriggers for a 14ft tinner. Not looking for the lake model. Thanks!
  4. PatD

2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Sat on the pick for about 3.5 hours yesterday out on the east finger of Constance Bank. Great current and sea conditions but no halibut. Hot dogfish bite resulted in only one broken leader so that was nice. Best of luck to anyone that is going to get one more chance before the new year!
  5. PatD

HDS 7 GEN 1 Gimbal Bracket WTD

Looking to see if anyone on here has a spare mounting bracket before ordering one online. Beer for the mount?
  6. PatD

Guided Poaching

Deleted.
  7. PatD

Halibut anchoring ????

We were right beside you when you picked up the following day. That spot has two colliding currents that make the usual current tables impossible to read You have to use the Murray Tables. Also another boat nearly pulled your anchor about 45 minutes before you picked it up.
  8. PatD

WANTED: Pair of Scotty striker rod holders

Looking for 2 scotty striker rod holders. Let me know price, can pick up in Greater Victoria Area.
  9. PatD

harpoon tip

First post on this site... Best thing I have found with the new size restrictions is to use a shark hook with a dock line attached to it. Just slip the tip into the hali's mouth, which is wide open at the surface, and pull up. Its a glorified gaff but makes the job pretty easy.
  10. PatD

harpoon tip

First post on this site... Best thing I have found with the new size restrictions is to use a shark hook with a dock line attached to it. Just slip the tip into the hali's mouth, which is wide open at the surface, and pull up. Its a glorified gaff but makes the job pretty easy.
Back