Search results

1. F

Little B.C. fishing club takes on U.S. billionaire

I am really glad to see common sense prevailed over corporate greed. This ruling will open up access to a lot of other lakes and streams in the province. However, we sportsmen will need to take a responible approach and respect their rights on the surrounding lands. No littering, no camping...
  2. F

Cabin rental and fishing

Any cabins on Shuswap are probably booked solid through the summer.
  3. F

Cabin rental and fishing

Kootenay or Kal will give you lots of opportunities, both offer good fishing. You should see some of the Kokanee coming out of Kal. There is very limited access to Kinbasket, it is a reservoir subject to large fluctuations in water level so not conducive to lake side resorts. It is also subject...
  4. F

Tumtum Lake

It is a spectacular area with a pretty BCFS camp site on a spit into the lake. I have never fished it so can't offer any help there. The only practical route is the Agate Bay road off highway 5 at Louis Creek, good to Adam's Lake but gets rough in spots from there. An SUV or truck is advisable...
  5. F

Lac La Jeune

We were by it 3 weeks ago, not much snow but still ice on the lakes. The gate won't be open until the 15th.
  6. F

fishing Tunkwa lake on August long weekend

Leave the downrigger at home, you sure won't need it here. The biggest issue is wind, I have yet to be there on a calm day and a small boat is hard to control. We gave up and cast from the north shore, a spinner or spoon really carried. We caught a few small ones before retreating to a sheltered...
  7. F

The Dawn of Creation: and then He made The River

Thanks for the story and great pictures. You sure know how to get us stirred up.;) Your buddy looks like he was having a ball too.
  8. F

Christmas Rainbow

I bet he still can't wipe the silly grin off his face. That is a real beauty.
  9. F

wedding bands for sale

You had me worried, I was gonna offer condolences.;)
  10. F

Douglas Lake Ranch

I see this has blown up again. Nicola Valley Fish and Game going toe to toe with the ranch management over access to the lakes. Are the roads and lake access public domain? If the roads are public then the ranch has no right to close them off but the F and G have no right to cut the locks, that...
  11. F

Help me get back into river fishing.....

I enjoy the rivers too. There are some good spots on the Shuswap, a day use park on the highway a short distance west of Cherryville is a good place to start. A couple of my favourites are Hupel and the chucks east of Enderby, exciting fishing when the steelies and salmon are running.
  12. F

Lac Le Jeune Resort/ kamloops area

And it's a quick run from White Lake to the Adam's River. :D
  13. F

Fishing Shuswap lake

Are you boating or casting from shore?
  14. F

Kalamalka Lake Kokanee

All I can say is WOW!!! I have never seen a kok that big. Never fished Kal, really don't know why, but had good luck catching kokanee just off shore on the east side of Okanagan north of Adventure Bay in the early evening. I usually trolled a wedding ring or a red devil. That may be over now...
  15. F

New Guy

You got tired of Alberta winters too huh?:D Okanagan, Kalamalka and Wood will provide you with hours of entertainment. Mabel Lake north of Lumby (this one has a special place in my heart) has big lakers and salmon as well as rainbows for lighter gear. Lots of mountain lakes for some great fly...
  16. F

Water level on kimbasket lake valemount

Where do you plan to launch? There few choices due to the changing water levels. That lake is dangerous at the best of times with high winds and a lot of floating debris, couple that with spring runoff and you could be in for a rough time. Check with the tackle dealers in Valemount.
  17. F

Fly Fishing In Kelowna

Where to start? If you have a boat try around the mouths of creeks such as Bear on the west side of the lake. Once the ice is off the higher lakes you will be kept busy. Turn off the highway in Winfield on to the Beaver Lake Road, it follows the Aberdeen plateau to Highway 6 east 0f Vernon...
  18. F

natives are at it again

Will be interesting to see how far this flies in a court of law.
  19. F

Mabel Lake

This is an old thread but Mabel Lake has a special place in my heart, I spent a lot of time on it as my parents had a summer cottage at the resort. Ice likely will be coming off now, that is one very deep and COLD lake. Once the spring runoff starts fishing will be in the tank. When the freshet...
  20. F

gone fishin

I am not familiar with the boats you are contemplating but am with both of those lakes, they can be very nasty. You best be in a very stable boat with good power and know what you are doing when the wind comes up as it does in a hurry.
Back